Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla SC confirmed Tyco road, Tyson's corner

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Seems like this thread was in need of an update, so I did some digging. Here's what I have been able to find out, without actually going to the Fairfax County government offices:

1. The Tesla-related zoning applications appear to have been received on June 9, 2014 and accepted by the County on July 1, 2014. A point of clarification: I am assuming the applications are for Tesla (at least in part) because they were made within the proper time frame, cover the expected location, and reference vehicles sales and service.

2. There are two, related applications: RZ 2014-PR-013 and SE 2014-PR-040. Tesla is not specifically named as the party. Instead, it is "Tysons West Assemblage, LLC." This company is associated with the Georgelas family that is mentioned in the various articles written about this project.

3. The first application appears to be a rezoning request that covers 7.04 acres on the "
NORTH SIDE OF TYCO ROAD EAST OF ITS INTERSECTION WITH LEESBURG PIKE." The use intended is a "VEHICLE SALES, RENTAL AND ANCILLARY SERVICE ESTABLISHMENT."

4. The second application covers 2.58 acres located at "8500 TYCO ROAD, VIENNA, VA 22182." The use intended is also a "VEHICLE SALES, RENTAL AND ANCILLARY SERVICE ESTABLISHMENT." I believe "SE" means Special Exception.

5. The schedule for these applications appears to be as follows:

10/15 - Post Planning Commission Hearing Sign
10/15 - Public #1 Ad for Planning Commission hearing
10/21 - Final Planning Commission Staff Report Publication
10/22 - Publish #2 Ad for Planning Commission hearing
11/05 - Planning Commission hearing
11/11 - Post Board of Supervisors hearing Sign
12/02 - Board of Supervisors hearing

Obviously, if this schedule holds, there is little chance that the service center will open this year, but at least the process is in full swing. I reached out to the applicant's lawyer to get more info, but no dice as of yet. At some point, I might try to pull the papers from Fairfax County, but I'm never around during the day, so I doubt I will get over there.

I'll update if I see anything else. Presumably all dates are subject to change.

shockingly, the silver line opening of phase 1 beat this, but it will be a welcome site in 2015. Ill miss the rockville guys though as they have been more than awesome. Im sure they will welcome the relief and the Maryland and PA crowd will welcome the shorter waits for service.