Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My first Six Months of experience with my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I bought my car from the comfort of my bed with an Ipad and my good standing credit card, and I tell you one thing: I've never driven a Tesla before I clicked BUY!. I just liked the concept! It was like when I first used a cellular phone: I was amazed!. I take my hat of Elon Musk. Great visionary, and I'm in for the ride!.
My car was delivered on the Dania Beach Location in Florida on Dec 4th, 2013. It was a flawless, paperless experience and six month later here are my results:

Miles driven: 11,826 miles. Average miles that I drive per day in a regular day: 100 miles, In a "hard day": 160 miles, and only on ONE occasion I drove 440 miles in one day using a Supercharger (I've used it only once in six month, I usually charge at home at 60miles/hr charge). The electricity bill went up (comparing the numbers of FPL from my invoices of last year) exactly $100 per month ($300 savings per month just in gas per 2K driven/month). I used to spend $400 just in gas in my Mercedes S550 per month plus other expensive service items on regular "check ups". My Telsa model S P85+, not only has delivered a product that exceeded my expectations, but also of my family and all the friends that have experienced a ride on my beautiful car. It is the finest driving machine I've ever driven and cost wise (just in fuel) is exactly 1/4 th the cost of what is was on my Mercedes S550.
I was afraid of the low profile (expensive) tires that I use in my P85+ model after reading many articles on the Tesla Owners Club web page (they said that the tesla would burn out the tires in 15K), but after driving 12K miles, my tires still look very well and I think they will last at least another 8K more (and I drive aggressively).
TESLA is the future NOW. I'm comfortable with the idea of "obsolescence" with my car, as any software upgrades are very easy to do wireless, and with new battery technology, I'm sure in the future I'll be able to get more range out of newer battery packs that will be available for my car. Battery memory? Battery decay? on the contrary! with the new software update I can see that my battery has not lost a mile in range and that in every day use (driving aggressively) I can expect 200 miles range and with Full batttery I can expect a 245 miles range, which is more than what I drive per day, and if I take a long trip, I'm sure I will make it to a charging station (either Tesla or Chargepoint).
Congratulations Team Tesla! What a great product you have in your hands!
Donald Nelson
Boca Raton, Florida

Mine is at 7 1/2 months and 12300 miles, going in for its first service next week. What a joy to drive. Fewer daily miles than you but 2 longish trips (Portland to LA, Portland to Oakland) and many shorter ones so have used the superchargers a fair amount. It's as good a road car as it is a commuter and better at both than any other care I've had. Cup holders, blind spot warning, adaptive cruise control and such are trivial to me compared to the smooth, solid, responsive drive I get daily. What a privilege!