Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Warning screen: "Tires too hot"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is new for me and I didn't find anything on a search. My wife was driving this morning, air temp is in the low 90s so not unusual, when she got a warning bing and the message "Tires too hot." She didn't note the error code but after tapping the screen she then got a warning to check the right front pressure (it's fine btw).

i wasn't aware that there are even temp sensors in the wheels.....? Can anyone educate me?

If you engage the parking brake and go into Info (i) and Tires it'll show you the pressure and temperature of each tire. It takes a few minutes of driving to pick up all the readings.

This the first I've heard of an error for overheated tires. It could be a bad sensor. I've melted my tires on a track and the error never came up.

Tires too hot would generally mean not enough pressure, really bad alignment, or a combination. It could also happen if a brake caliper caused the pads to continually rub on the rotor.

oops...did not realize this was a Roadster warning....my comments were about the Model S (I scan new posts and used to have a Roadster).

I got a brief warning the other day about tire pressure too high, but it went away after a few seconds. Are you sure it said "too hot" not "too high"?

I had a flaky TPMS on one wheel for a long time, nothing to really worry about. Get it fixed eventually.

Last edited: