Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Model S 85k "Gorgeous Look" 2600 miles - SOLD

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2014 Model S 85k "Gorgeous Look" 2600 miles

Testing the waters here. Purchased this car for my girlfriend and I to share for commuting around town. Now she wants the Model X for her horse stuff. Car is amazing to drive..

If you don't want to wait for a build when you can have this one all done ASAP..

2014 Tesla Model S 85k
Date ordered January 23rd 2014
Received car March 22nd 2014
Vin P33441

2600 miles on the car.
Everything works perfectly.
3 piece ADV1 22" wheels $12,000 (also have stock 19 wheels if interested)
Black body skirt painted matching Pearl White $1000
Lightly tinted window 20% in rear 35% on sides.
Black Lloyd top of the line plush floor mats x 5 pieces $400
All Installed by TAG Motorsports.

Car gets complimented everywhere it goes. The 2 supercharger visits both times people were taking pictures of the car complimenting it.

Car used around town.

Don't have to sell but don't need more cars.

Sell Price $110,000.00

Original Build sheet.

Total in USD
Model S $69,900.00
85 kWh Performance $23,500.00
Pearl White Paint $1,500.00
All Glass Panoramic Roof $2,500.00
19" Wheels -
19' Michelin Primacy Tire Upgrade -
Black Performance Leather Seats $2,500.00
Obeche Wood Gloss Decor $650.00
Matching Yacht Floor $650.00
Carbon Fiber Spoiler -
High Power Home Charging $2,700.00
Supercharger Enabled -
Tech Package $3,750.00
Smart Suspension $2,250.00
Parking Sensors $500.00
Ultra High Fidelity Sound System $2,500.00
Extended Nappa Leather Trim $2,500.00
Alcantara Headliner -
Premium Interior Lighting $1,000.00
Parcel Shelf $250.00
Brake Calipers Red -

Subtotal $116,650.00
Destination and regulatory documentation fee $1,170.00
Total $117,820.00

List Date: 5/31/2014

For more info, click here to view the original listing: 2014 Model S 85k "Gorgeous Look" 2600 miles
--------------------------------------
SOLD

browseformore.png
--------------------------------------
tesla-motors-club.gif

a2b20d5e-0b1a-4a3e-b58c-b07b9942e3662.JPG
7836c8f2-d809-405b-bc03-867ae9a4ec612.jpg
fb7d95fb-6fab-45e1-8903-abc39d050aff2.jpg

Last edited:
The OP under "Original Build sheet" states it is the Performance model.

Since the owner already got the Federal and State credits, and the next owner won't get those, the owner is losing the $14,000 thousand in sales tax if he gets his asking price, plus what he spent on the tint and body skirt paint.

It is unclear to me if the 22" wheels are included in the asking price.

Personally I don't understand why someone would sell a Model S after owning it for less than three months and take such a large loss unless unforeseen circumstances forced a sale.

Sorry I made to corrections.

I will post more pictures of the car this weekend.. The TAG pictures were the convenient pictures I was able to grab off the internet. This is not a TAG ad.

I have not applied for or received the federal tax credit this happens at the end of the year and tax time.. I did apply for the state credit but it has not been paid.

That happens at the end of the year. So I assume the new owner could apply for the Federal rebate.

The ADV1 wheels were included in this offering /price. I will consider giving a credit if the new owner wants the stock wheels put back on. They are in NEW condition.

So I assume the new owner could apply for the Federal rebate.

The new owner can apply, but it will be rejected. Only the original owner can apply for the federal tax credit so you should apply for it when you file. It won't pass to the new owner.

I don't live in CA, but I thought I read that the CA state EV tax credit requires a 3-year period of ownership. Might want to double check that with someone more familiar.

Per the IRS:

http://www.irs.gov/Businesses/Plug-In-Electric-Vehicle-Credit-(IRC-30-and-IRC-30D)

"For vehicles acquired after December 31, 2009, the credit is equal to $2,500 plus, for a vehicle which draws propulsion energy from a battery with at least 5 kilowatt hours of capacity, $417, plus an additional $417 for each kilowatt hour of battery capacity in excess of 5 kilowatt hours. The total amount of the credit allowed for a vehicle is limited to $7,500."

"The vehicles must be acquired for use or lease and not for resale. Additionally, the original use of the vehicle must commence with the taxpayer and the vehicle must be used predominantly in the United States. For purposes of the 30D credit, a vehicle is not considered acquired prior to the time when title to the vehicle passes to the taxpayer under state law."

It's my understanding that once the car is registered to the first owner that is the only person that can apply for the Federal Credit, so it doesn't matter if he hasn't done it yet it matters if he has registered the car. Correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, GDH, you are correct. The $7500 federal tax credit cannot be transferred to a new owner once the car is registered. Nor can the $2500 CA EV incentive rebate. That is why Tesla loaner/demo cars are so attractive... They are not registered so in addition to getting the car at a 1%/mo AND $1/mile discount, the buyer gets the $10,000 refunds. So when a seller is selling a used Tesla, the buyer needs to be aware of the $10,000 refunds that the seller received (or will receive on his 2014 taxes) and negotiate appropriately.

So when a seller is selling a used Tesla, the buyer needs to be aware of the $10,000 refunds that the seller received (or will receive on his 2014 taxes) and negotiate appropriately.

i dont agree with this. not all buyer's qualify for the rebate. when buying a used one, you shouldn't assume, and IMO nor should you ever get, that $7500 that went to the original owner. the second owner should NEVER be entitled to receive this from the first owner.

I never said one is ENTITLED to receive the rebate/s back from the seller, just that buyers should remember the rebates in their negotiations. I would go out on a limb to say that > 99% of Tesla buyers have incomes high enough such that their federal income tax obligations are over $7500 and hence do qualify for the federal rebate. And most states are also offering environmental incentives as well. A buyer may wish to negotiate a pro-rated discount given the rebates/tax credits that the seller received.

I never said one is ENTITLED to receive the rebate/s back from the seller, just that buyers should remember the rebates in their negotiations. I would go out on a limb to say that > 99% of Tesla buyers have incomes high enough such that their federal income tax obligations are over $7500 and hence do qualify for the federal rebate. And most states are also offering environmental incentives as well. A buyer may wish to negotiate a pro-rated discount given the rebates/tax credits that the seller received.

Agreeing with RonMathMD

Of course the second owner is entitled to the discount. Just take an extreme example where I buy a new Tesla for $72k after tax deduction (original price being $82k), what reason is there for the second buyer to pay anymore than $72k?

Regardless KBB wrote an article about this.

They talk about the reasons why the Chevy Volt and Nissan Leaf resale values are so low.
They mention that the first buyer received a government tax credit.

Every car I have sold in the past, I've used KBB as an estimate.
Well, usually the buyer starts at KBB and negotiates down.