Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Will 8-State ZEV Initiative Mean EV Incentives in New York, CT, MA, RI, etc.?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not sure if everyone saw this but the 8-State ZEV initiative (to put 3.3 million zero emission vehicles on the road by 2025) is officially underway:

The states that have signed the agreement are California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island and Vermont. Together these states make up about 25% of the country's new-car sales, according to the California Air Resources Board.

Some of the states are talking about their plans but there aren't a lot of specifics yet. Just curious whether anyone knows (or is willing to speculate) whether New York will offer its own rebate or tax credit on EVs to stimulates sales within the state. I've sent a note to Governor Cuomo but I'm not sure how quickly he will get back to me. :)

I'm on the list for a Model X but am getting tired of waiting! A little additional kicker for NY residents might put me over the edge for a Model S.

Thanks,

-Chris

The plan includes PHEVs and FCEVs.

FCEV True, but fortunately almost no specifics (like CA's crazy 2mm hydrogen pumps).

I read NY was looking for 3,300 chargers, all L2 I think. MA let out 15 DC-Fast, on its website. I wonder if Tesla will have an adapter before the Model E? I can't imagine VT won't do I-89/I-91, with L3, but I don't think they've actually dropped a number, yet.

I think the kicker is the infrastructure, for us in New England/NYS. Tesla finally came up with Albany's SC, but other than greater NYC and south of RI, it has been disappointing. $2,500 is worth waiting for, in MA, but doesn't "make the deal", in my opinion.

I think the kicker is the infrastructure, for us in New England/NYS. Tesla finally came up with Albany's SC, but other than greater NYC and south of RI, it has been disappointing. $2,500 is worth waiting for, in MA, but doesn't "make the deal", in my opinion.
I agree; few thinking about a Model S will be tipped over the edge by a $2500 rebate. Personally, I would rather see this money used to help hotels and "destinations" (e.g. state parks, amusement parks) install good L2 charging.

I agree; few thinking about a Model S will be tipped over the edge by a $2500 rebate. Personally, I would rather see this money used to help hotels and "destinations" (e.g. state parks, amusement parks) install good L2 charging.

Me too. You could say any car over $40,000 comes with a $2,500 rebate to a hotel or business of your choosing as long as J1772 strip was at least 40A.

Not sure if everyone saw this but the 8-State ZEV initiative (to put 3.3 million zero emission vehicles on the road by 2025) is officially underway:

The states that have signed the agreement are California, Connecticut, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Oregon, Rhode Island and Vermont. Together these states make up about 25% of the country's new-car sales, according to the California Air Resources Board.

Some of the states are talking about their plans but there aren't a lot of specifics yet. Just curious whether anyone knows (or is willing to speculate) whether New York will offer its own rebate or tax credit on EVs to stimulates sales within the state. I've sent a note to Governor Cuomo but I'm not sure how quickly he will get back to me. :)

I'm on the list for a Model X but am getting tired of waiting! A little additional kicker for NY residents might put me over the edge for a Model S.

Thanks,

-Chris

Anyone want to take a bet on how long it takes Alabama, Texas, Louisiana, etc to join this initiative? I'm putting my money on never:)