Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

NVX Aftermarket 10" custom subwoofer enclosure for Tesla MS in trunk cubby

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I found this posted on one of the facebook forums. Looks like it's the first production custom subwoofer enclosure I've seen for the MS. I've been wanting to fabricate my own custom box for that little cubby. I know many of us have been longing for deeper bass. I know nothing of this company or the quality of the product, but I just thought I'd point it out. Note that this is just an enclosure and subwoofer. You'd still need to add an amp and somehow hook up to the audio system.

"Pre-installed in the enclosure is our CEA Certified NVX VCW 104. This 10" Dual 4-ohm VCW Series Car Subwoofer has a Power Range (RMS) 600-750 watts wired to a 2 ohm mono load, giving you endless options for amps to power this amazing sub package."

BE-TSLAS-VCW104 B.O.O.S.T. Series Bass Enclosure for Telsa Model S

after_nvx_tesla1.jpg

Hopefully JL Audio has a stealthbox in the making, I think it would be something worth waiting for.

I sent an email to JL Audio and they responded that while they don't have anything in the works their R&D department was looking for some new projects and for me to repost on their facebook page to see if there is more interest.

Any chance you guys could be working on something like this Tesla Model S B.O.O.S.T Powered Loaded Enclosure Package - B.O.O.S.T. Series - Subwoofers for the Tesla Model S? I love your subs, and would rather put my money into a company I trust rather than some other brand.

Thanks,Dennis

response:
Hello Dennis, at this time we have no plans to develop an enclosure for the Tesla, but our R & D was looking for suggestions. I will definitely bring it up to them. Perhaps post this request on our Facebook page also since marketing and R & D view the page. It might spark some interest and make it possible.

Sincerely,

Eric Cole
JL Audio Technical Support

so go here: https://www.facebook.com/jlaudio and switch to 'posts by others' and add your support to my post!

Last edited:
Nice job Dennis! I found your post on JL Audio and commented/liked it. My family owns an audio shop in south Texas, we've been a dealer of JL Audio since the 1980's I'll tell my father to give them a call to put in a recommendation for a Model S, hearing from a dealer may be very beneficial and could help speed up the process. :smile: I'm sure something like this possibly wouldn't release till 2015 but it would be premium quality and well worth the wait.
-Karissa

Nice job Dennis! I found your post on JL Audio and commented/liked it. My family owns an audio shop in south Texas, we've been a dealer of JL Audio since the 1980's I'll tell my father to give them a call to put in a recommendation for a Model S, hearing from a dealer may be very beneficial and could help speed up the process. :smile: I'm sure something like this possibly wouldn't release till 2015 but it would be premium quality and well worth the wait.
-Karissa

awesome! thanks Karissa!

I just installed the NVX, and followed the youtube video to install the amp at the Frunk Cubby. My car is at the Tesla for service and they need to replace my horn.

Problem is, they said the newer model s, they need to access the cubby and the horn module is also located behind it.

Therefore, they can't perform the work unless I remove the amp. Crap, anyone who installed the amp in the frunk have any resolution?

I just installed the NVX, and followed the youtube video to install the amp at the Frunk Cubby. My car is at the Tesla for service and they need to replace my horn.

Problem is, they said the newer model s, they need to access the cubby and the horn module is also located behind it.

Therefore, they can't perform the work unless I remove the amp. Crap, anyone who installed the amp in the frunk have any resolution?

Maybe you can just use quick disconnects for next time.