Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Volvo unveils adorable 9" touchscreen for 2015 XC90

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious of other's thoughts - do find that with more and more cars coming with an entire LCD instrument cluster these days (like this Volvo) that the use the simulated mechanical dial speedo and tacho a bit silly. A lot of real-estate wasted in my opinion - so much more info can be displayed - music, nav, climate etc etc. Are people not ready for thing change?.

My 6 year old car has the old school mechanical tacho and speedo but with a small LCD in between. I have this LCD set to speed, trip computer readings and music. Seems to cover most things is its small area. Personally I would rather see everything directly in front of me on the cluster and have a steering wheel full of controls.

Just curious of other's thoughts - do find that with more and more cars coming with an entire LCD instrument cluster these days (like this Volvo) that the use the simulated mechanical dial speedo and tacho a bit silly. A lot of real-estate wasted in my opinion - so much more info can be displayed - music, nav, climate etc etc. Are people not ready for thing change?.

My 6 year old car has the old school mechanical tacho and speedo but with a small LCD in between. I have this LCD set to speed, trip computer readings and music. Seems to cover most things is its small area. Personally I would rather see everything directly in front of me on the cluster and have a steering wheel full of controls.

I find Audi´s solution making more sense :
New Audi TT's Gauge Cluster Will Spread to Three Other Models by 2015 – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog