Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

1st blown tire. hisssssss

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On the way home tonight on our 3 mile gravel road the light comes on we pull over and hear the hissing of air. 1/2 mile from home. Enough air to make it. We get home and there's at least 3 holes in the tire (less than 5k miles on this tire) I can feel at least three different places blowing. So we blow the slime and it seems to be holding pressure but now I have to go try to hopefully find some place around here that stocks the primacys. Good news is the slime does work!

@ chipper we live on a really long gravel road. (I'm guessing) I'll know more after I drop the kids off at the bus. The slime held all night thankfully. Us I'm guessing that after the new grade that some fresh gravel "arrowheads" did some puncturing. I'm hoping it can be repaired. But as with tires I've had in the he past I've usually had to replace them with I've ever heard the hissing on our road. Just odd that I'd get so many. I'll update in a few hours...

19's.....so I had three small arrow heads in the same tire...all from the stupid gravel road....three things came from this...

1) thankfully the tire was completely repairable (thank goodness)
2) was told by my tire guy and when I say my tire guy I have him on speed dial (literally he's one of my 9 quick dial #'s on my phone) I trust him completely so much so that he was the third person to drive my car (off shift) and he said that he's NEVER seen slime of any kind work so well before and he's been doing tires for over 20 years. In fact it took him over 30 minutes to break it down to find the holes and the rocks he said I probably could have just left the slime on and it would have been a good permanent fix it did that good of a job.
3) tesla now makes replacement cans of the slime!! Maybe I'm not the first to hear of this but am glad they do. It's nice to have a can to fit it back inside the little kit so nice and compact. They are $35 for the refill can (which is actually plastic) but seeings as it worked so darn well it was worth it for me...better $35 than $250 and sitting around waiting for a tow...