Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model X nose cone

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I know I am probably in the minority here, and the chances of a different nose cone compared to the model s/alpha x are slim to none, but would love to see a different nose cone.
I think the model s exterior is beautiful in nearly every way except the front view, and I hope they tweek it somehow for the x.

Who needs a nose cone...
I much rather see it without. They probably want to have it as branding but I know of plenty of people, also non-Tesla owners, that really don't like the look of the nose cone which really distracts from the overall awesome look of the model s and x. And it is not just my opinion.
So please find an alternative look or at least minimize the effect of it on the overall look.

I know I am probably in the minority here, and the chances of a different nose cone compared to the model s/alpha x are slim to none, but would love to see a different nose cone.
I think the model s exterior is beautiful in nearly every way except the front view, and I hope they tweek it somehow for the x.

saleen did a good job with their Model S nose - Saleen Automotive Plans Orange County–Aggro Tesla Model S – News – Car and Driver | Car and Driver Blog

That is a dramatic difference to the front end.
Saleen-Tesla-Model-S-PLACEMENT-626x382.jpg

I like the nose cone in general, but for a piece that size, black is a bit too much contrast with some colors. I'd like to see it be a semi-translucent piece coordinated with the car color. Would give a much "cleaner" feel befitting the nature of the car.

Something like this::cool:

IMac_G3_flavors.jpg

I guess black hides smashed bugs the best, but I'd sure like an option.

The grill is there because cars look weird to most people without a grill.

Personally, the Saleen "non-grill" makes me want to throw up in my mouth
View attachment 50500

It looks like the EV1 to me. Yuck!
bw0918.jpg

I like the grill "even if it's just aesthetic". I don't want the car I paid buku bucks for to look weird to anyone! I want everyone to drool! That means the car must look "Normal".

Last edited:
I agree, the Saleen grill reminds me of the GM designed nose on the Corvette ... not a fan. :eek:

The grill is there because cars look weird to most people without a grill.
Personally, the Saleen "non-grill" makes me want to throw up in my mouth
View attachment 50500

It looks like the EV1 to me. Yuck!
View attachment 50627

I like the grill "even if it's just aesthetic". I don't want the car I paid buku bucks for to look weird to anyone! I want everyone to drool! That means the car must look "Normal".