Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

SF BayLEAFs - e-NV200 Ride & Drives and Showcase May 28

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Please join us tomorrow evening meeting at the Nissan Research Center – Silicon Valley. Nissan has graciously agreed to host us, and will showcase an e-NV200 prototype at their facility. This is an unique opportunity to get a sneak peek. Refreshments will be provided.

May Meeting at the Nissan R Drives and Showcase - SF BayLEAFs

Guest speakers will be Jeannie Lam and Vikram Krishnamurthy from Nissan, and Vipul Gore from Gridscape Solutions.

Please note that an Eventbrite ticket will be required to attend the event. Please RSVP via the Eventbrite website. If you wanted to partake in e-NV200 ride & drives, those will take place prior to the meting, and require a separate RSVP.

We look forward to seeing you at the Nissan Research Center. If you had any questions or needed special arrangements, please send an email to [email protected] in advance of the meeting.

Timeline:

4:00-5:30 PM: e-NV200 Ride & Drives
5:30-6:00 PM: Registration and networking
6:00-7:30 PM: Monthly meeting at NRC-SV
7:30-8:00 PM Q&A and social hour

NRC-SV
1215 Bordeaux Dr
Sunnyvale, CA 94089

On-site charging is available. Please bring ChargePoint cards.

env200-640-370.jpg

Last edited:
The NV-200 is exactly what I am waiting for. I can use a panel version for my business and a passenger version for my wife. Nissan, please bring them to the USA!
Gene, I think there is a good chance that the e-NV200 will be available to consumers before long. I'm not familiar with all the details of the project, but the electric version of the NV200 was part of Nissan's bid for the Taxi of Tomorrow project in NYC. They trialed the vehicle fairly extensively on delivery routes in London and other large cities. What they are doing with the engineering prototype in the US right now is a promising next step.

Gene, I think there is a good chance that the e-NV200 will be available to consumers before long. I'm not familiar with the details, but the all-electric version was part of Nissan's bid for the Taxi of Tomorrow project in NYC. They trialed the vehicle fairly extensively on delivery routes in London and other large cities.

Didn't the NYC program recently come crashing down though. Hopefully this doesn't affect the consumer version for the US market.

Didn't the NYC program recently come crashing down though. Hopefully this doesn't affect the consumer version for the US market.
Yes, Dennis, there was some controversy around the project, which has been covered pretty widely in the press. I will ask about it tomorrow at the event. I'm under the impression that Nissan is committed to the vehicle and is testing the waters with partners, dealers and consumers in the US.

That would be a good vehicle to move my mom from her Leaf into... She used to drive minivans for decades before we got her into a Leaf last year. Please let those of us who are interested know what you find out.

That would be a good vehicle to move my mom from her Leaf into... She used to drive minivans for decades before we got her into a Leaf last year. Please let those of us who are interested know what you find out.
Will do! There are few here in the Bay Area, who are interested as well. To be clear, the e-NV200 shares the drivetrain with the LEAF, and due to the aerodynamics it likely has less range than the LEAF in freeway driving. The LEAF is supposed to get a larger battery pack by 2017, and the e-NV200 should benefit disproportionately from such an upgrade. I think the main use cases being considered right now are delivery van and fleet duty. I will ask if Nissan expected to have a trim for consumers who wish to primarily transport themselves and their family members, and not necessarily much cargo.

In Europe exist a taxi version of the e-NV200, and if the americans taxi drivers want, come to U.S.. I am convinced.

Nissan-e-NV200-taxi-Barcelona-01.jpg
Nissan-e-NV200-taxi-Barcelona-02.jpg

Will do! There are few here in the Bay Area, who are interested as well. To be clear, the e-NV200 shares the drivetrain with the LEAF, and due to the aerodynamics it likely has less range than the LEAF in freeway driving. The LEAF is supposed to get a larger battery pack by 2017, and the e-NV200 should benefit disproportionately from such an upgrade. I think the main use cases being considered right now are delivery van and fleet duty. I will ask if Nissan expected to have a trim for consumers who wish to primarily transport themselves and their family members, and not necessarily much cargo.

The van has less range (170 km NEDC and Leaf 199km) due to the aerodynamics but due more weight too. Here a picture of the passangers version:

nissan-e-nv200-mixta-1000.jpg