Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Solar panels drain sun's energy "experts" say

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now if this was April 1st I'd have posted in the Off Topic section, unfortunately there are people who believe this:

http://nationalreport.net/solar-panels-drain-suns-energy-experts-say/

“Put into laymen’s terms, the solar panels capture the sun’s energy, but pull on the sun over time, forcing more energy to be released than the sun is actually producing,” WIT claims in a scientific white paper published on Wednesday. “Imagine a waterfall, dumping water. But you aren’t catching the water in buckets, but rather sucking it in with a vacuum cleaner. Eventually, you’re going to suck in so much water that you drain the river above that waterfall completely.”

P.S. Please avoid political discussions.

The website doesn't explicitly say, after surfing around to see other articles, this is clearly a satirical news site.

Although, it is pretty sad that we live in a day where it is difficult to tell the difference between satire and websites claiming to be "news" (I'm looking at you, Daily Caller).

Finally! Proof that human activity has caused the increase of sunspots. Those of you disparaging this "inconvenient truth" can't possibly deny the existence of sunspots. 99% of scientists agree that sunspots are real. I urge you all to join Al Gore and I to help reduce these voids on the surface of the sun. Walk outdoors now with a mirror and send some precious energy back where it belongs. You can make a difference. Don't be a "Sunspot Change Denier".

Don't worry, Nigel. A couple of my FB friends shared it with some really crazy analysis of the article, including making sure to point out that Halliburton was behind all of it. Gotta love political triggers that eliminate all rational thought pathways.

Clearly satire.

One thing that has always bugged me, however, are those statements about how the amount of solar energy hitting the earth each day is enough to power x for y years. Well sure, but I would have to think that there would be repercussions if the entire planet were shaded from the sun. :crying:

Finally! Proof that human activity has caused the increase of sunspots. Those of you disparaging this "inconvenient truth" can't possibly deny the existence of sunspots. 99% of scientists agree that sunspots are real. I urge you all to join Al Gore and I to help reduce these voids on the surface of the sun. Walk outdoors now with a mirror and send some precious energy back where it belongs. You can make a difference. Don't be a "Sunspot Change Denier".

That's a great idea! Instead of solar panels, we should be installing mirrors to reflect the solar heat back. This will reduce global warming and do it much more cheaply. ;-)

We need more humor in our schools

Check out the school's web site ( WIT - Wyoming Institute of Technology).
Look at the menu and select some of the options. I think the humor is hysterical :-D