Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Used Tesla in Canada

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Before I purchased my Model S, I used to search AutoTrader periodically nationwide and noticed that all of the used Model S are overpriced (close to new or even higher!). 2 days ago I got a notification of a new listing and I found it really reasonable, if not underpriced!

I'm not sure if it is appropriate to post the link here but it's a black P85 fully loaded with 20,000KM for $80,000 only. (not many are listed there so you should be able to find it easily)

Am I the only one who finds it underpriced? According to the seller: 1st owner, no accidents and bought from Ontario (Toronto, I guess).

I looked at it and it sure is a very good deal. For about the price of a new 60 with supercharging, you get a performance 85! I am sure it won't last long. If I didn't have an S already I'd buy it even if I would have to drive it all the way to the west coast, it would be totally worth it! Maybe the seller simply needs to unload it fast?

Last edited:
It sure is a very good deal. For about the price of a new 60 with supercharging, you get a performance 85! I am sure it won't last long. If I didn't have an S already I'd buy it even if I would have to drive it all the way to the west coast, it would be totally worth it!

Exactly my thought! But if people start listing them that low, I'm afraid it might hurt the depreciation of the Model S here in Canada. That's like $45K drop in 20,000km and 1 year of ownership!

Cool. Just watch out for the guys that say things like, "I'm out of the country at the moment, but the car is in storage." My brother-in-law was trying to buy a car in Toronto and said a good fraction of the cars he wanted to check out had stories like that.

Maybe they just realized that the other cars on autotrader have all been listed on there for a very long time and wanted to actually sell theirs...

It's unfortunate that Tesla has chosen to prevent the import of used MS from the USA, if Tesla was willing to allow that, the price of a used MS would be MUCH lower than it currently is. (and there'd be more than 5 nation wide!)

I'm still counting on a couple more years and the $50k-60k range. keep in mind, if the price isn't dropping, that means that people think there's no advantage at all to a new one over used, which means that Tesla isn't doing their job in improving their vehicles over time.

If anyone has a used one for sale I'm ready!

I saw your other post. It's really tough to find a used Model S in Canada with a decent price, maybe except the one was mentioned here.

I was looking on AutoTrader.ca and Kijiji for months before I ended up going with a new one. Mine was an inventory vehicle, and I was lucky that it arrived to Toronto from California the day I ordered it.

I suggest you call the Tesla store on Montreal or Toronto (they both use the same database) and check for used or inventory Teslas. They should have plenty by now.