Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Open Roadster Service Manual

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

marco2228

... fixing Roadsters
Supporting Member
I think it's a good idea to start a new thread for this topic because the #34 thread is getting too big and unstructured.

So lets start with collecting all kinds of information about the Roadster which are hard to find or not accessible anymore. Later on we could split these information into categories like:
-ESS
-PEM
-car/bodywork
-wiring diagrams
-etc.

Also it would be great to know which parts were used from Lotus or are swappable with Lotusparts.

________________________________________________________________________________

List of Lotus parts:
-Windshield Elise MK2
-rear window
-window mechanism in the door
-Airbags (both, except the badge)
-Airbag Control Unit

Things that seem to be identical but have to be verified:
-ANTI ROLL BAR DROP LINK
-REAR TOE LINK INNER SPHERICAL JOINT

Just found this. It has some great information in it which can be used for the Roadster:
LOTUS SERVICE MANUALS

The tensioning cable for the soft roof is Lotus part number C116V0064H - Soft Top Tensioning Centre Adjust (there are two versions, one is end adjust - that is the wrong cable). You will need two of the centre adjust cables for the front and back of the soft roof. The entire Roadster soft roof is the same as the Elise S2 soft roof. MyLotusGarage.com has nice parts diagrams and pricing for Lotus parts.

The tensioning cable for the soft roof is Lotus part number C116V0064H - Soft Top Tensioning Centre Adjust (there are two versions, one is end adjust - that is the wrong cable). You will need two of the centre adjust cables for the front and back of the soft roof. The entire Roadster soft roof is the same as the Elise S2 soft roof. MyLotusGarage.com has nice parts diagrams and pricing for Lotus parts.

I think you are responding to my question on another thread. If so, thanks for the info Fabrizio. I'll check it out.

I think it's a good idea to start a new thread for this topic because the #34 thread is getting too big and unstructured.

So lets start with collecting all kinds of information about the Roadster which are hard to find or not accessible anymore. Later on we could split these information into categories like:
-ESS
-PEM
-car/bodywork
-wiring diagrams
-etc.

Also it would be great to know which parts were used from Lotus or are swappable with Lotusparts.

________________________________________________________________________________

List of Lotus parts:
-Windshield Elise MK2
-rear window
-window mechanism in the door
-Airbags (both, except the badge)
-Airbag Control Unit

Things that seem to be identical but have to be verified:
-ANTI ROLL BAR DROP LINK
-REAR TOE LINK INNER SPHERICAL JOINT

Just found this. It has some great information in it which can be used for the Roadster:
LOTUS SERVICE MANUALS

GREAT Idea !!

Admins .. please can you set up a separate Roadster Wiki area ? ..
TMC is already a wonderful resource, but ist almost too full and take some deep diving to find info.
A wiki would really help to organise this info .. what works what doesn't,
best practices, diagrams, tear down pix, etc etc

One of my hopes for 'the big roadster' promise is for Tesla to realease their own factory manuals for the roadster .. why not ? they just released their patents !!

Reactions: Gabner
I'm looking at fixing a tesla roadster with front end damage and was hoping, if you're interested, you could give me some pointers and what to look out for. The one i'm looking at also has front end damage so I was wondering what your experience has been

Find all your needed parts before you buy it if the car is salvage, as Tesla won't sell you new ones and used parts are hard to come by. If there is any damage to the aluminum frame its best used as a parts car.

I think this is a great idea, and readily support it.

However, IMHO, putting up this information at one central location is risky. It may be subject to pressure to takedown. Similarly, linking to material referenced elsewhere suffers from those links breaking over time.

I would suggest something more distributed and resilient to takedown/breakage.

What do the admins here think? @doug?

Reactions: Mark77a
Honestly this is becoming more of a problem as these old car forums age out and old links and photos become broken. Especially when Photobucket started charging for image embedding.

It would be nice to create a one stop database for everything service related on the Roadster and set it up in such a way that will be long lasting.