Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MINI Superleggera Vision

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Concept.

BMW sponsors the Val d'este (sp?) Concours, and puts together a concept for it each year. This year they did a Mini concept with Touring (which has done Superlegerra bodies for many classics...).

so far, all have been one-offs. This one will be too...

Decision to Build All-electric MINI Superleggera Won’t Be Made for Months, Says BMW

That’s according to BMW board member Peter Schwarzenbauer, who told Reuters yesterday that BMW needs to take its time before deciding if it should build the all-electric two-seater or not.
“To really investigate seriously … you look into several different options, you come to the question: do we produce it ourselves, do we give it to somebody else?” he said.

As Schwarzenbauer explained however, parent company BMW isn’t sure if the correct direction for the MINI brand to take is a wider range of vehicles, or a return to the four or five iconic models known and loved by car fans worldwide.
Responsible for the MINI and Rolls Royce brands, Schwarzenbauer said expanding the brand is a distinct possibility, but said due to emotional reasons, “concentrating on five [model] superheroes” would be more appealing to him personally.

The decision to bring that particular MINI to production won’t be taken lightly, said Schwarzenbauer. In addition to examining the implications of producing a completely different vehicle at its MINI plant, BMW needs to decide if it’s better producing the Superleggera in-house, or license the design to someone else.
“To evaluate all of this, I would say six months at least,” he said.
MINI, which has already confirmed a plug-in hybrid will be joining its lineup some point in the near future, has yet to produce a commercially-available electric model.

read full article: Decision to Build All-electric MINI Superleggera Wont Be Made for Months, Says BMW

do you think mini would sell more if it was all electric, plug in hybrid or just ICE?, i know everyone here wants a all electric.

i myself would love to see mini build it.

I agree, Ocelot, that it is a terrific-looking vehicle and, if ever we were to spend our winters in, say, Cap d'Antibes or Arezzo or Zadar or Ravinj, it would be a lead-pipe cinch as to putting this into a Top 3 Choice.

IF it ever were to be produced.