Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Alacantra Head Lining

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm looking into the purchase of a model S, and have a question. As Tesla sales team are rarer than hens teeth, I'm hoping someone on here can help.

I'm not a sunroof person, and was wondering what you get if you don't go for the optional Alacantra Headlining?

Thanks

Nick

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry, I meant Alcantra.....

The same sort of headliner you would find on a 2007 Volkswagen GTI. And probably the MK7 Golf. I just happen to know because I had a 2007 GTI.

So poly-fiber stuff. Nice unobtrusive durable textured fabric. Nothing fancy, nothing cheap.

EDIT: Added a photo of the Model S roof. Somewhat close up near the sun visor.
WP_20140523_003.jpg

Last edited:
If you like Alcantara in general do it. The difference is huge IMHO, even with glass roof, there is still enough of it. I like it a lot, but its a matters of taste, my wife don't care at all... ;)

Yes, I think it's worth looking at both flavors if you can. I did and decided I would have paid extra for the standard cloth roof. Didn't care for the Alcantara at all. My mother's '87 Chrysler LeBaron has Alcantara or something like that, and perhaps that is why :eek: Definitely a personal preference thing.

I'm not a sunroof person, and was wondering what you get if you don't go for the optional Alacantra Headlining?

Just make sure you realize how much headroom, especially in the rear seats, you lose if you have a solid roof. If all your friends are modestly sized, you are fine. If you have multiple friends over six feet tall who you hope to impress with your cool new Tesla, they will curse you instead!