Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Supercharger - Dayton, OH

Supercharger - Dayton, OH

A permit has been filed with Dayton, OH for a Supercharger near a Meijer at 9200 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45445.

Hopefully we have some members in the area once this location begins construction.
    Last edited by airj1012; 2014-05-24 at 10:19 AM.

Nice info, airj1012!!!

Cannot wait for this one to open, I can finally consider a trip to Indianapolis.
    Model X P6028 / Model S P4996 - 85kWh, Sequoia Green, Pano Roof, 19" Wheels, Tan Leather, Obeche Gloss, Tech, Sound, Air Susp, Jump Seats, Shelf, Xpel Wrap, Twin Chargers and HPWC - Delivered and loving it!

There are definitely a few Model S owners who live nearby this location

Quote Originally Posted by PokerBroker View Post
    There are definitely a few Model S owners who live nearby this location
    Let the scouting and stalking begin! Bring plenty of cookies and donuts for the construction crews...they love that sort of thing. And they are usually happy to share stories of where they have been, and where they are going next!
    Model X P6028 / Model S P4996 - 85kWh, Sequoia Green, Pano Roof, 19" Wheels, Tan Leather, Obeche Gloss, Tech, Sound, Air Susp, Jump Seats, Shelf, Xpel Wrap, Twin Chargers and HPWC - Delivered and loving it!

Roadster#433, Model S#S37 Cottonwood's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by airj1012 View Post
    I permit has been filed with Dayton, OH for a Supercharger near a Meijer at 9200 N Main St, Dayton, OH 45445.

Hopefully we have some members in the area once this location begins construction.
    It sure looks like a pattern developing with Tesla creating another E-W Supercharger route across the middle of the country on I-70 with Triadelphia and Dayton in the east and Limon, Goodland, and Hays in the west.
    Gather those Joules* for your Jewel!
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.
    *One MegaJoule is approximately one rated mile of energy, a wonderfully obscure coincidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Cottonwood View Post
    It sure looks like a pattern developing with Tesla creating another E-W Supercharger route across the middle of the country on I-70 with Triadelphia and Dayton in the east and Limon, Goodland, and Hays in the west.
    If you look at KS, Chatanooga and Dayton, it looks like they're very keen on connecting St Louis.

Even though this site is off I-70, it's in close proximity to I-75 and arguably a more important route. Along with Chattanooga, these sites were originally on the 2015 map but now it's looking like the I-75 route has been pushed forward to this year. It's big for anyone traveling between the Midwest and Florida.

Also, this is the second Ohio site located in a Meijer parking lot, so Tesla may potentially have a partnership for future Midwest locations. They would be the first place I'd check in future cities. Having a store open 24 hours with a wide variety of food and merchandise makes for convenient pit stop locations.
    Model X Reservation #10053

Quote Originally Posted by timf View Post
    Even though this site is off I-70, it's in close proximity to I-75 and arguably a more important route. Along with Chattanooga, these sites were originally on the 2015 map but now it's looking like the I-75 route has been pushed forward to this year. It's big for anyone traveling between the Midwest and Florida.

Also, this is the second Ohio site located in a Meijer parking lot, so Tesla may potentially have a partnership for future Midwest locations. They would be the first place I'd check in future cities. Having a store open 24 hours with a wide variety of food and merchandise makes for convenient pit stop locations.
    Tesla has a relationship with Meijer. Tesla will be installing super chargers at more Meijer locations.
    Model S Signature Owner Since October 2012 - Signature 524
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

No Meijers in Cambridge, OH, but plenty in Columbus. I wonder if that dot moves West to cover I-71 instead of I-77, and happens sooner than 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by JakeP View Post
    No Meijers in Cambridge, OH, but plenty in Columbus. I wonder if that dot moves West to cover I-71 instead of I-77, and happens sooner than 2015.
    Tesla has gone back and forth with a Columbus location. It's not currently in the 2014/2015 plan. The reasoning makes sense. It's approximately 70 miles East / West across Ohio. And from Toledo to Dayton is approximately 150 miles. So, Columbus is unnecessary from a long distance travel standpoint. For every other reason (marketing / visibility / OSU, etc.), Columbus makes sense.
    Model S Signature Owner Since October 2012 - Signature 524

Thread Information