Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Arizona HOV Lane Access opens up to PHEV's (Limited supply)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Does anyone know if states respect each others HOV stickers. I'm guessing this is too much to hope for. We'll be driving from CA to AZ this summer and it would be sweet if we could drive in the HOV lane.... Wait a minute... I said we... Ahhh... OK, how about for intellectual curiosity?

Guy

Guy:
I spent all winter driving in and out of the PHX metro area in the Tesla in the HOV lane...with Alaskan plates...without having received an Arizonan thingymabubsticker. It took me most of the winter to get over cringing about being in the lane....until I'd remember that my wife was with me. It'd happen every time!

Well THAT explains it!!! I have been seeing Volts with the cloud plate, and have been confused - as I've been telling everyone that they don't qualify, since they have the small gas engine. I had not looked at them close enough to realize they have the hybrid sign on them. Interesting.....I wonder how long it took for the 1,800 to be swept up. Days? Maybe longer....since it probably wasn't widely adverstised.....

The MVD site has a counter of how many have been claimed, updated each Monday. I stumbled across it this week and a bit under 1500 were still remaining.

Normally these things go quick -- but this change no longer allows 'regular' hybrids to get the plate, only plug-ins -- so I'm guessing people really are not aware yet...