Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

What is your next smartphone going to be?

What Type of smartphone are you buying this year?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Title says it all, if you are getting a new smartphone this year what will it be?

Personally, i have not found a better phone for GPS accuracy than the Galaxy Note 2,

I've tried the S5, Z2, note 3, Z Ultra, HTC One m8 and nothing comes close, however all those phones are based on the Snapdragon SoC so maybe that has something to do with it.

hopefully the "OnePlus One" comes to canada soon, i figure its so cheap and the specs are top notch ill just buy one just because.

BTW the GPS accuracy is needed for the game Ingress, if i dont have gps accuracy i cant play.

Title says it all, if you are getting a new smartphone this year what will it be?

Personally, i have not found a better phone for GPS accuracy than the Galaxy Note 2,

I've tried the S5, Z2, note 3, Z Ultra, HTC One m8 and nothing comes close, however all those phones are based on the Snapdragon SoC so maybe that has something to do with it.

hopefully the "OnePlus One" comes to canada soon, i figure its so cheap and the specs are top notch ill just buy one just because.

BTW the GPS accuracy is needed for the game Ingress, if i dont have gps accuracy i cant play.

I'm not a fanboy, but I'm hooked on the iPhone, the only problem is that I have to hold my current one more or less at arms length to read without my glasses, so I either need longer arms, or an iPhone with a larger screen, and I'm figuring the latter option will be the easier to accomplish. I've really tried to get into Android and Windows as I have vendors giving me demo models all the time, but they're just not for me...I have IT stuff going wrong all day long at work, so sometimes it's just more peaceful in Apple's walled garden.

Apple feels too confining to me. Just "upgraded" to a Galaxy S5 last week after my S4 was found dead in the roadway - it fell off the bumper of my bucket truck and two tire marks suggested cause of death.

currently using a LG Optimus F3, might grab a LG Volt when the price drops down around $100.

I like the long battery time vs the phones I've had in the past, the 4.7" screen on the new model would be a nice upgrade from the 4" screen I have now.

A galaxy S5 would be nice to have but I'm not going to pay $600 for one, for that matter I wouldn't pay over $200 for it (unlocked, no plan/contract requirement).

I currently use Virgin Mobile. I haven't found a better deal in my area than their $35 / month unlimited data/text. I never use enough voice minutes to care about a higher cost plan.

I just want a Nokia/MicrosoftMobile Lumia 1020 clone for T-Mobile!

Windows Phone is top notch. And I don't use lots of 'apps' (except my 3rd party Tesla app ... grumble, grumble) all that much. And have been hurting for a good camera ever since I retired the Nokia N8.

Probably iPhone 6, the smaller model (assuming there are two sizes like the rumours say) because that's the one that will fit in my shirt pocket. I'm not big on knock-offs.

After many Android phones just switched to the Windows Nokia Lumia 929. A little large but I like it much better than any of my Android phones.
Running Windows phone 8.1 and trying out Cortana the equivalent to Apple's Siri.

Last edited:
I have to hold my current one more or less at arms length to read without my glasses, so I either need longer arms, or an iPhone with a larger screen
The iPhone has several ways of making things easier to read. Check out the Settings->General->Accessibility. The one I use a lot is "Zoom" where you can double tap the screen with 3 fingers, and zoom in or out or drag the part of the screen you cannot see. Also setting the text size larger helps in some cases.

Or, just put on those glasses...