Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Dynamat

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have installed Dynamats in all the doors, the entire trunk and in the huge bathtub also called the Frunk. Most of the tire noise is gone, but there is still a bit left, however the highest tones of the noise has been removed. There isn't much to attach the Dynamats to in the front wheel wells - all is made of some kind of fiber material. The entire idea with Dynamats is to cancel the noise, by having the rubber material absorbing the vibrations from the metal surface they are mounted on.

The entire process - by dismantling doors, trunk and frunk - install the dynamats and close it all up again took med 7 hours. Could have done it in 4 - however the cable to open the drivers door disconnected from the lock in the door - and it took me 3 hours to mount it correctly. So if you are going to do it yourself, use a small welding clamp and hook it to the cable so that it cannot retract. Did the trick on the passenger door. I would say that it is a well suited job for a DIY job. Quite simple.

I am currently planning on also installing dynamats in the panels above the wheels - in all four corners, at the alu plates are VERY thin and will not absorb the vibrations. Met with a Tesla service employee yesterday and got informed that all the wheel wells are just cliped on using clips and only a few screws. Planned for next weekend.

If you have the sound package - you will be extremely satisfied with the result afterwards - the music inside the car is SO MUCH better!..

I have installed Dynamats in all the doors, the entire trunk and in the huge bathtub also called the Frunk. Most of the tire noise is gone, but there is still a bit left, however the highest tones of the noise has been removed. There isn't much to attach the Dynamats to in the front wheel wells - all is made of some kind of fiber material. The entire idea with Dynamats is to cancel the noise, by having the rubber material absorbing the vibrations from the metal surface they are mounted on.

The entire process - by dismantling doors, trunk and frunk - install the dynamats and close it all up again took med 7 hours. Could have done it in 4 - however the cable to open the drivers door disconnected from the lock in the door - and it took me 3 hours to mount it correctly. So if you are going to do it yourself, use a small welding clamp and hook it to the cable so that it cannot retract. Did the trick on the passenger door. I would say that it is a well suited job for a DIY job. Quite simple.

I am currently planning on also installing dynamats in the panels above the wheels - in all four corners, at the alu plates are VERY thin and will not absorb the vibrations. Met with a Tesla service employee yesterday and got informed that all the wheel wells are just cliped on using clips and only a few screws. Planned for next weekend.

If you have the sound package - you will be extremely satisfied with the result afterwards - the music inside the car is SO MUCH better!..

Im interested in the wheel well work you do ... please snap some pictures!

kseitzberg
Would love to something similar-would you happen to have any additional tips or pics....How did you do the trunk-I have the child seats in place...thanks for any additional help

Some pictures would be appreciated, wondering if I can do it myself and I think the wheels wells are important.