Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone buying TSLA at $200 a share for long term holding?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm more of a buy and hold investor. Currently just investing via WealthFront ETF funds with a risk ratio of 7 / 10 (not sure if there are any WealthFront investors here).

In any case I currently am focused on maxing out my business SEP IRA, but because I live on a lot less than my income I'd like to do more individual stock investing as well.

Clearly I missed the boat at buying TSLA when it was under $50, $100 etc but I'm curious if anyone is buying TSLA now at ~$200 a share for long term holding?

There are a lot of things that need to continue to go well for Tesla such as Model X (ideally getting reviews as great as the S did), gigafactories and then their roll out of a mass market vehicle.

My question: Do you think that the stock is already trading at a valuation that factors in the assumption that everything will go well? e.g. Model X, mass market etc

Will we see Tesla at $400 in 2 years if all goes well I wonder?

I'm more of a buy and hold investor. Currently just investing via WealthFront ETF funds with a risk ratio of 7 / 10 (not sure if there are any WealthFront investors here).

In any case I currently am focused on maxing out my business SEP IRA, but because I live on a lot less than my income I'd like to do more individual stock investing as well.

Clearly I missed the boat at buying TSLA when it was under $50, $100 etc but I'm curious if anyone is buying TSLA now at ~$200 a share for long term holding?

There are a lot of things that need to continue to go well for Tesla such as Model X (ideally getting reviews as great as the S did), gigafactories and then their roll out of a mass market vehicle.

My question: Do you think that the stock is already trading at a valuation that factors in the assumption that everything will go well? e.g. Model X, mass market etc

Short answer: YES

longer answer: give it 5 years and it will be between 500 and 1,000 per share. Trust Tesla and Elon. Buy on any dips and HOLD.

long answer: read the investment threads

I started with stock at 27.5 but changed to options at about 37. At 250 I changed into stock and deep in the money calls (they had no time premium). Now in the process of buying back out of the money calls for dec and January while selling my stock by writing weekly calls. For instance I wrote 197.5 strike calls for May 30. Expect them to be called away, with the 5 dollar premium it's like I sold today at 202.5. This morning bought calls in dec strike 230 calls. That let's me put more cash aside with many potential drivers (giga fact, model x right drive cars china sales second line). If rapid rise in stock options will perform better. Will continue to do this over next month.

Tesla has grown to 5% of my portfolio. I won't add anymore to it.
Not because I don't believe it will go higher. Simply because I believe in diversification to limit risk and increasing my income through dividends.

I firmly believe Tesla has a great business plan, and a CEO and executives with the drive required to be a successful disruptive company on many levels.

Competition was their biggest risk, and no one is entering the market to the level of Tesla.
I don't even see much risk of competition with GEN 3, although that is still possible.

I believe there were many people who bought the dip at $180 which was an area of strong support for TSLA. You can wait and things might dip again or they can move above $200 and never come back, no one knows. Usually a good strategy is to maybe use 1/3 of your set said cash to buy now, if it dips again then you can use another 1/3, etc. So basically spread out your purchasing over a couple of weeks/months. Just my opinion.

I recently bought some shares at $217 for my core buy-and-hold position. My earlier position has average cost less than $70/share.

Even though the stock went up quite a bit since the $30's, I still see quite a bit of opportunity on the upside.