Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Navigation line - blue, orange, or invisible?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi, I'm wondering what's up with the navigation line on my display (the big main, center display). Sometimes its blue. Sometimes its orange. Sometimes it doesn't show up at all, but when this happens I do still have the navigation display in the dash display to the left of the speedometer. (I have re-booted using the steering wheel buttons to get the line back when it goes invisible). I'm theorizing that at night its orange and in daytime its blue, and this is intentional, but its just a theory. I asked but the Houston service center did not know. They had the car last week and mentioned it might have been related to the firmware, but the changing color has kept occurring after I got the car back.

Any theories or knowledge shared will be appreciated!

When it happens to me (5.11, .56) I simply cancel navigation and reselect my route. Usually fixes the missing blue line.

- - - Updated - - -

My blue line has been invisible for a few weeks now. I'd really like to get it back. Anyone figured this out yet?

If cancelling the route and reselecting it from the "Places" menu doesn't fix it, then reboot by holding down both scroll wheels for about 10 secs until the touchscreen reboots.

Yeah it seems to be a little flakey, zooming in/out to redraw the screen usually brings it back for me. Areas with poor 3G coverage can also mess with the map an the route line. I also don't like that is obscures the traffic at certain zoom levels.. Would like the blue line to either be more translucent or drawn on the left and right sides of the street line (kind of highlighting it instead of drawing a line through it).

-m

Hi, I'm wondering what's up with the navigation line on my display (the big main, center display). Sometimes its blue. Sometimes its orange. Sometimes it doesn't show up at all, but when this happens I do still have the navigation display in the dash display to the left of the speedometer. (I have re-booted using the steering wheel buttons to get the line back when it goes invisible). I'm theorizing that at night its orange and in daytime its blue, and this is intentional, but its just a theory. I asked but the Houston service center did not know. They had the car last week and mentioned it might have been related to the firmware, but the changing color has kept occurring after I got the car back.

Any theories or knowledge shared will be appreciated!

same here. Since recent update