Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any recent CA owners apply for the $2,500 CVRP rebate?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just wanted to see if any recent CA owners (April or May deliveries) have applied for the CVRP and what response, if any, you have received?

i know they removed that as an incentive on Tesla's website, but anything i have read on the program insinuates the funding is still available right now. we are expecting delivery on June 20, and wonder if our $2,500 is in jeopardy :crying: they used to have a real time funding pie chart but it has since disappeared ... all it says now is that any applications received after 3/28/14 will receive their rebate in September 2014.

just wanted to see if any recent CA owners (April or May deliveries) have applied for the CVRP and what response, if any, you have received?

i know they removed that as an incentive on Tesla's website, but anything i have read on the program insinuates the funding is still available right now. we are expecting delivery on June 20, and wonder if our $2,500 is in jeopardy :crying: they used to have a real time funding pie chart but it has since disappeared ... all it says now is that any applications received after 3/28/14 will receive their rebate in September 2014.

I remember that when the fund has run out of money in the past, the legislature has appropriated more money. However, since we are near the end of the fiscal year, the appropriation would be coming from the 2014-15 budget, so won't be available to spend until the fall. People who apply during the time when there is no money in the fund get to be first in line for the funds when they are replenished That seems consistent with what is stated.

I am placing my Tesla MS order end of this month. Does that mean the rebate no longer exist? :(

David, Tesla website took that incentive off it's website. If I order At the end of this month. Will I still be able to that rebate?

I honestly don't know. I would assume you'd be out of luck at the moment. But then I heard this situation happened a few times and the government of California always renewed the program. But I really don't know.

i hope so. the CVRP is managed through CCSE which is the same agency that does solar system rebates. i was in the same boat with our solar and didn't think we'd get anything back. to my surprise the program was refunded and we are expecting a rebate from that now too. so hopefully the new fiscal year budget will include more funding for EVs. crossing my fingers ...

it is a little weird that Tesla removed it entirely from their CA incentives rather than just state that it's subject to state funding for the new fiscal year. i wondered if they had some inside information ...

Here is the CA Energy Center website. You can still get the rebate, apply when you get your car - only you have to wait until September for the money. As many have said, it is a $2500 check, not a refund or credit on your taxes.

Clean Vehicle Rebate Project | CCSE

I hope this is this valid. I will order my ms. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I don't think you'll miss out. This is California and this is a green initiative. They'll keep funding it.
Great. Fingers crossed.