Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

TeslaPDF.com: view PDF documents on the center screen

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

gelden

Apr 21, 2013
Breda, Netherlands
Hi,

Last weekend, me and some fellow TMC members from the Dutch/Belgium subforum organized the E-rally. Over 100 Tesla's participated and we raised more than € 35.000 for charity (for pictures, see this thread).
Driving a rally like that while holding a printed booklet, when you have a 17"touchscreen in the car seemed odd. But opening a PDF on the center screen is not possible. So I created a simple webapp that can be used to convert and view PDF files in the Tesla Model S.

This is how it works:
When behind a pc (or using specific types of smartphones) you can visit testapdf.com and upload a PDF. You can enter a name which will be used for creating a shortcut. The E-rally roadbook was uploaded using 'erally' as a shortcut, resulting in the link teslapdf.com/erally.
As an alternative (when not behind a pc), you can send/forward an email with a PDF attached to [email protected]. Use the desired name as the subject, and within a minute you can view the document at teslapdf.com/[name]

Browsing the document on the Model S screen is easy: click on the left half of the page to browse back, right half to browse forward. Or use the direct-page navigation at the top of the screen.

It's free. So enjoy.
And if you upload any documents that might be usesful to other TMC members: feel free to share url's as a response.

Regards,

Maurice
apa2agun.jpg

Reactions: IdaX
Sharing a link

Thanks for the great tip on the teslapdf.com service. Great enhancement of the center screen in my new Model S.

I have uploaded a link people might want to use - teslapdf.com/underbody - It is three pictures of the chassis without the body of a MODEL S that I snapped at a showroom outside of Philadelphia. So often I try to explain to people how the battery is the entire underbody and the engine is in the rear - but now I can just flash up these pictures.

--Phil

Hi,

Last weekend, me and some fellow TMC members from the Dutch/Belgium subforum organized the E-rally. Over 100 Tesla's participated and we raised more than € 35.000 for charity (for pictures, see this thread).
Driving a rally like that while holding a printed booklet, when you have a 17"touchscreen in the car seemed odd. But opening a PDF on the center screen is not possible. So I created a simple webapp that can be used to convert and view PDF files in the Tesla Model S.

This is how it works:
When behind a pc (or using specific types of smartphones) you can visit testapdf.com and upload a PDF. You can enter a name which will be used for creating a shortcut. The E-rally roadbook was uploaded using 'erally' as a shortcut, resulting in the link teslapdf.com/erally.
As an alternative (when not behind a pc), you can send/forward an email with a PDF attached to [email protected]. Use the desired name as the subject, and within a minute you can view the document at teslapdf.com/[name]

Browsing the document on the Model S screen is easy: click on the left half of the page to browse back, right half to browse forward. Or use the direct-page navigation at the top of the screen.

It's free. So enjoy.
And if you upload any documents that might be usesful to other TMC members: feel free to share url's as a response.

Regards,

Maurice
apa2agun.jpg

Thanks for the great tip on the teslapdf.com service. Great enhancement of the center screen in my new Model S.

I have uploaded a link people might want to use - teslapdf.com/underbody - It is three pictures of the chassis without the body of a MODEL S that I snapped at a showroom outside of Philadelphia. So often I try to explain to people how the battery is the entire underbody and the engine is in the rear - but now I can just flash up these pictures.

--Phil

You're welcome.
The clickable link to your file: http://www.teslapdf.com/underbody
I was hoping for more useful info being uploaded or original applications of the service. Not many uploads till now.

What would be more useful is if you can just type-in (no copy-paste in Tesla FW) a link to the PDF without needing to upload it from your device. That way, if you're stuck in the car without your phone, and you're viewing a restaurant website that has a link to the menu PDF, you can still have a way to view it.

What would be more useful is if you can just type-in (no copy-paste in Tesla FW) a link to the PDF without needing to upload it from your device. That way, if you're stuck in the car without your phone, and you're viewing a restaurant website that has a link to the menu PDF, you can still have a way to view it.
Great idea. I have updated the application to support this.
So now you can have a PDF converted by either:
1. Uploading the pdf (from your pc or mobile device)
2. Entering a url of an existing online pdf
3. emailing a pdf