Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Floor Mats

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has made available new floor mats for the driver and passenger side of the Model S. The old floor mats had a tendency to bunch up under the pedals and the passenger mat tended to flip over on itself. These new mats (Installed free at your Tesla service center) are heavier, stiffer, and more plush than the old mats. The have a velcro backing which sticks to velcro buttons which are permanently attached to the floor carpet. They really stay anchored. I recommend that everyone get this "upgrade".

Tesla has made available new floor mats for the driver and passenger side of the Model S. The old floor mats had a tendency to bunch up under the pedals and the passenger mat tended to flip over on itself. These new mats (Installed free at your Tesla service center) are heavier, stiffer, and more plush than the old mats. The have a velcro backing which sticks to velcro buttons which are permanently attached to the floor carpet. They really stay anchored. I recommend that everyone get this "upgrade".
This is really good to know. I have had the winters in since nearly day 1. Just replaced them with the stock mats I got with the car back in February and I couldn't believe how flimsy they were. I was wondering if the wrap shop had lost the real ones and replaced with these cheap ones. I was particularly annoyed with the passenger mat and tempted to put back the winter ones but did a search and found this post. I'm getting a service call soon so hopefully they can provide these.
I had a look under accessories and also under model S ordering but I don't see them. Are there any pictures or do the just look like the original ones but stiffer? Do they have logos?