Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

121 MPH at Homestead Speedway.... Now thats a Tesla Smile

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OMG :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

I went to charity Wash an Drive at Homestead Speedway (They did not wash my car) and got to run the track, here how it went:

First run was three laps I was following a Corvette with an SUV behind me (I think it was a Cadillac) and a truck as the pace car, the vet and myself managed 101 for a short period on the straightaways the SUV was somewhere behind us.
The vet kept slowing putting distance between the truck then nailing it....... Yawn!!

I figured I gotta try this again so I purchased 5 more laps and got to go solo with a Shelby Cobra as the pace car.

All the turns are banked and we hit 85 into the first turn and then straightaways just kept getting faster each lap.

I was on his tail the whole time (Not exactly drafting but as close as I dared to get) we get to 101 then 112 then 117 then I look down and see 119mph, by then I had the confidence that I was not going to hit the wall as we were doing close to 101 into the turns. it was really windy and you could feel the car buffering and here the little bits of track debris hitting the underside of the car, but she was straight as an arrow (I used Sport Mode cause I figure that's the right one to use on a race track).

He had driven the track 100 times before so he was right up against the wall on the staights, I followed him an got as close as I dared to the wall but I was always below him so he had the edge going ointo the turns, the top end he did pull away slightly but I caught him every time as we came out of the turns and accelerated.

The second to last lap we hit 121mph I know cause my foot was buried and I had to see so I looked down...... when I looked back up I nearly craped myself the turn came up so fast I thought the tires were gonna blow as I turned into the corner, I had full regen on but still had to tap the bakes rather firmly and went way higher than I was comfortable with.
But even high on the bank and doing 115+ mph the car was solid and I came out right on his tail again

The cool part it was just us screaming around the track and I after the run I got the thumbs up from the pace car driver and applause from a few people who were watching
This is an event that if you are in the area you gotta try.

I will be posting a video from my Blackvue camera inside the car later, unfortunately the GPS on the camera kept cutting out so It did not record the speed.

All you guys in the Dade Broward area on June 6th come along to the Friday Night Drag at the speedway
If it is half as much fun as today it will be a great night (Check the Fla Members area for details or PM me)

Last edited: