Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Coast-to-Coast Model S to go to Lars Anderson Museum

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Robert.Boston

Model S VIN P01536
I stopped by the Watertown SC yesterday and saw, much to my surprise, one of the two Model Ss used on the LA-to-NYC record-setting tour this winter. Matt told me that he had gotten Tesla to donate it to the Lars Anderson Automotive Museum. The museum had been trying to get one for its collection, and Matt had the good sense to realize that this piece of automotive history needed a good home.

Good that the car will be "adopted".
Will they pull the batteries to make an inert display?

Actually we should correspond with the museum and test various storage protocols for long life of a battery pack.

Though I think an interesting museum display would be the car wheels at almost waist level; say transparent columns with the battery pack dropped and the top removed if Tesla would permit.

I had the pleasure of having the car for the weekend while mine was in the shop:

f138800c6c.jpg

It's the car that spent an year in Lars Anderson Museum and now it's possibly for sale, as it was just pulled out of there and when I got it they didn't even had the chance to clean it up as all the other cars.

It's low mileage P85 with almost every option black on black interior.