Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

CBC article about "range anxiety"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Steph_S

CAN #312 VIN P06173
Nov 16, 2012
Ottawa, Canada
Found this article this morning on CBC.ca:

Electric car drivers hope more charging stations will reduce 'range anxiety' - Technology Science - CBC News

Personally - I've been in more situations where I was ICEd/Charger broken rather than not being able to find a station.

I'd like to know who the "communication manager" at Tesla is, saying that Supercharging stations are coming in June; We haven't even seen permit applications yet, for any location east of Vancouver.

Also, being from the Ottawa area, I submit that there isn't that big of a difference in charging station installations between this past winter and now.

Last edited:
Found this article this morning on CBC.ca:

Electric car drivers hope more charging stations will reduce 'range anxiety' - Technology Science - CBC News

Personally - I've been in more situations where I was ICEd/Charger broken rather than not being able to find a station.

I'd like to know who the "communication manager" at Tesla is, saying that Supercharging stations are coming in June; We haven't even seen permit applications yet, for any location east of Vancouver.

Also, being from the Ottawa area, I submit that there isn't that big of a difference in charging station installations between this past winter and now.

Hello Stephane!

I didn't like half of the article as it scares away some people from buying EVs. I'm not sure how a Tesla owner suffers from range anxiety in his/her daily driving routine. With the superchargers installed in the next few months, the range anxiety should be gone for good.

I'm not sure how a Tesla owner suffers from range anxiety in his/her daily driving routine. With the superchargers installed in the next few months, the range anxiety should be gone for good.

I agree, but suppose it depends on how and where you drive. If I had a 100 mile EV and drove 90 miles every day it could be dicey. Not so in a Model S. But then if I had a 265 mile Model S and was regularly driving 250+ miles a day, the same might be true.

I really liked this comment someone posted to that article...

Funny, but my brother has 'range anxiety' too. He drives a Ford F 150 Raptor. His anxiety is that he never seems to get much range out of his $200 fill-ups and he experiences anxiety that the next fill-up comes around again so soon.