Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
  • Want to remove ads? Register an account and login to see fewer ads, and become a Supporting Member to remove almost all ads.
  • Wanted (WTB) and For Trade (WTT) listings should now be posted in one of the Marketplace categories. To post a WTB or WTT trade thread, please click here, then choose the category most appropriate for your listing, and then select the appropriate listing type.

Looking for a carbon fiber top & sports alloy wheels / rims

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just bought 2011 Roadster & would like to get a carbon fiber hardtop. The roadster came with sport black alloy wheels. Would like to change them to the "chrome-looking" steel alloy wheels. Am attaching a picture for reference. I live in Los Angeles, CA
images.jpg

Had a tough time getting a bigger picture.

Mrfiat.com sells a carbon fiber top for the roadster. Some members did a group buy some time ago
and got a discount. I would be interested in a group buy. I will contact them
and let you know how many people we need.(If you would be interested in that route)

Mrfiat.com sells a carbon fiber top for the roadster. Some members did a group buy some time ago
and got a discount. I would be interested in a group buy. I will contact them
and let you know how many people we need.(If you would be interested in that route)

The one MrFiat has is a clear plexiglass top, not CF.

- - - Updated - - -

I have the silver forged wheels on the page below:

Shop Tesla Gear Performance

Are yours the black forged wheels on the same page or black alloy?

I've been wanting to swap my silver forged for black forged wheels. Let me know.

I have a 2.0. Is yours a 2.0 or 2.5? I'm guessing the latter. Need to be sure the wheels are swappable if you are interested.

Any Roadster rim will fit all Roadsters. If its a sport, they made a change to those forged rims as compared to the 2.x forged rims. The sports are not flat on the face but rather angled in and have a more sporty look.

The pic of the green Roadster appears to be a "Sport" and has those "angled" sport rims on it. You may want to clarify which ones you have and which ones you're searching for.

Sport:
wheels25.jpg

Non-Sport:
wheels15.jpg

Last edited:
The one MrFiat has is a clear plexiglass top, not CF.

- - - Updated - - -

Any Roadster rim will fit all Roadsters. If its a sport, they made a change to those forged rims as compared to the 2.x forged rims. The sports are not flat on the face but rather angled in and have a more sporty look.

The pic of the green Roadster appears to be a "Sport" and has those "angled" sport rims on it. You may want to clarify which ones you have and which ones you're searching for.

Sport:
View attachment 49337

Non-Sport:
View attachment 49338

Great observation. my Roadster is a "Sport." Have not fully noticed the slight difference. Will check it out & re-evaluate. Thanks for making the observation.

Thanks, wiztecy. That was very helpful. I have the non-sport silver forged in the lower left of the pictures you posted. They are in perfect condition, no curb gashes or anything. I just want some black ones. Mobility, let me know if you're interested and congrats on your Roadster!

Sport:
View attachment 49337

Non-Sport:
View attachment 49338

That looks like the wheel pix were lifted from this old thread I had created:
Roadster History North America

The legend should be more like:
[later 2.0 Sport & 2.5 Sport, as well as later base models that upgraded to those "forged" wheels]:
attachment.php?attachmentid=49337&d=1400181073.jpg

(note the gray one all the way on the right was only available on the "final 5" 2.5 Roadsters)

[early 1.5 cars standard wheels, that later became optional. Were standard on early 2.0 sport]:
attachment.php?attachmentid=49338&d=1400181113.jpg

You missed this type of wheel:
attachment.php?attachmentid=6368&d=1338101926.jpg

It is the "cast" wheel that became standard on later 1.5 cars and base model 2.x cars.

That site describes the top as "polycarbonate polymer". Is that acrylic or plexiglass? There are two types of the top they sell but the descriptions are the same except the more expensive type ($700 more!) weighs 1kg less.
Lotus Elise Exige Transparent Hardtop Premium
Lotus Elise Exige Transparent Hardtop Basic

Plexiglass is a brand name for acrylic. Its the same thing. I just noticed the two listings too, I thought the $700 price increase was for the top case/cover. Didn't see the weight difference. Contact Mr. Fiat and ask him, I'm curious.

i have a "clear" tesla CF hard top (so unpainted showing CF pattern, not clear plastic) with paint armor and mounting HW and tesla bag that i am going to list for sale.

(also some goes for a taylor mesh top made from a donor tesla soft top.)

i ended up selling the CF hardtop to someone locally. i just listed the taylor meshtop (made from a donor OEM tesla softtop) on eBay.

i have a "clear" tesla CF hard top (so unpainted showing CF pattern, not clear plastic) with paint armor and mounting HW and tesla bag that i am going to list for sale.

(also some goes for a taylor mesh top made from a donor tesla soft top.)