Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 shareholders meeting -- no announcement of it on the Tesla Motors website

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

ecarfan

My wife is a TSLA shareholder but has not received a notice of the 2014 shareholders meeting. She has emailed Tesla Investor Relations three times asking for information about the meeting but has not received a reply. I searched the Tesla website for an announcement about the meeting but found nothing. It is not listed in the Investor section on the Events page. So I searched the web and Google gave me a link to a press release on the Tesla website about the meeting at Tesla Announces 2014 Annual Stockholder Meeting and Public Webcast | Press Releases | Tesla Motors

The press release states that to attend the meeting, besides having a govt. issue photo ID, you need to have one of these three:

• Proof of share ownership as of April 10, 2014 (e.g., an April 2014 brokerage statement), or
  • The Notice of Internet Availability of Proxy Materials (not applicable if your shares are held through
    a broker), or
  • The admission ticket enclosed with a paper proxy card or that you have accessed from our stockholder voting website (not applicable if you hold through a broker).
I do not know what a "Notice of Internet Availability of Proxy Materials" is, the press release does not explain it or provide a link to it. She has not received an "admission ticket". She does not know how to access the Tesla "stockholder voting website". She purchased her shares through her USAA "investment account". I do not consider USAA a "brokerage", so I assume she could make me her proxy to attend the meeting. But we can't figure out how to do that, and Tesla has not responded to my emails asking about that. There does not seem to be a phone number for investors to call.

Any advice on how to deal with this issue would be appreciated.

Last edited: