Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

New Member and glad to be here

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello,

Just thought I would take a few moments on this cloudy Saturday to introduce myself... I have just ordered my Tesla S (gray, 85, black interior, tech, upgraded sound system) and I am impatiently awaiting my VIN and ANY news from Tesla :eek:... As my profile states I am from Palm Beach County and work for NextEra Energy (FPL parent co.).

I'm actually an IT manager that have key responsibility for Infrastructure and Hardware deployments for Wind and Solar projects around the US and Canada. So, while feeling good about my Jobs carbon impact, I've decided to walk the walk and address it at home as well... At least that is what I am telling myself to justify the costs :biggrin:.

One quick question, I noticed why many have there Tesla particulars noted at the bottom of the thread but, I'm not sure what field to use to set this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Again happy to be here and look forward to chatting.

Welcome, welcome, FlaSteve!! Especially because you ordered the best colour!! :)

Re the sig, I had to ask the same question when I joined. You'll have to post 5 posts before the option for signature will show up.

And good for you re your job, and walking the talk personally. The buy-in price is ridiculous compared to what most people have bought before according to many posts I've read, me included, and the "justification" has often been a bit of a struggle. I'm not saying Tesla's price is ridiculous, just that the most that most of us have spent on a car before was $20-30k. So it's a big jump. But ***SO*** worth it overall. I guarantee* it.

* not like a taillight guarantee, guaranteed as long as you can see my taillights, but more a statement of probabilities :cool:

Hello,

Just thought I would take a few moments on this cloudy Saturday to introduce myself... I have just ordered my Tesla S (gray, 85, black interior, tech, upgraded sound system) and I am impatiently awaiting my VIN and ANY news from Tesla :eek:... As my profile states I am from Palm Beach County and work for NextEra Energy (FPL parent co.).

I'm actually an IT manager that have key responsibility for Infrastructure and Hardware deployments for Wind and Solar projects around the US and Canada. So, while feeling good about my Jobs carbon impact, I've decided to walk the walk and address it at home as well... At least that is what I am telling myself to justify the costs :biggrin:.

One quick question, I noticed why many have there Tesla particulars noted at the bottom of the thread but, I'm not sure what field to use to set this up. Any help would be greatly appreciated...

Again happy to be here and look forward to chatting.

Hi Steve,

Congratulations, welcome to the forum and to our Florida Tesla club.

I've sent you an electronic invitation to join our club's private discussion group here at TMC. Check out the "Notifications" item in the top menu on the right of a TMC webpage.

Later today I'll be sending you some club materials.

Regards,

Larry

Fun fact: 7% of FL owners who are members of the Florida Tesla Enthusiasts group are named Steve. And yes, I did the actual math!

Congrats from another Steve. I think we need to have a Tesla "Steve" ownership meeting. We will invite others with inferior names (even Chris, I.e. Btrflyl8e), but we get first crack at the superchargers.

I've had my P85 for almost 8 months, but still remember the torment of the two month wait I had for delivery. I still can't even imagine how the early adopters waited so long to get the car.

You're gonna love the car....

Congrats from another Steve. I think we need to have a Tesla "Steve" ownership meeting. We will invite others with inferior names (even Chris, I.e. Btrflyl8e), but we get first crack at the superchargers.

I've had my P85 for almost 8 months, but still remember the torment of the two month wait I had for delivery. I still can't even imagine how the early adopters waited so long to get the car.

You're gonna love the car....

Good news is Just checked and my delivery date has moved from July to Late June... Bad news: Will be in Nashville for a conference :(