Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Housekeeping At SuperCharger

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I haven't seeing any trash cans at any supercharged station I've posted about this in the past maybe Tesla can spend a little money on this of course they would have to hire somebody to come once a week and clean it

Gee, I consider Tesla owners a cut above your average American slob. Tesla shouldn't be expected to do any more than they already are regarding Superchargers.

We need to be responsible and take care of our own garbage! If you are too lazy to walk your garbage to a nearby garbage can while you are charging, take it with you to the nearest garbage can you drive by. Be responsible people!!

The Silverthorne Supercharge Site has a nice trash can near the Charging Stalls. It looks like the Silverthorne Malls took the initiative to install it because it has their logos on the trash can. It works very well; this should be a standard at most, if not all, sites. Emptying the trash should be a landlord responsibility just like plowing the snow and maintaining the parking lot.

I guess I'm forced to defend and explain more when you're traveling great distance with the supercharged network and the car is packed full of kids and stuff A trashcan could be a great convenience for owners now would I just leave my garbage at the site of course not I wouldn't do a lot of things that other people do just saying
I did see garbage at some of the sites traveling from Ontario to Florida twice I had to put my garbage in big gross dumpsters with God knows what critters wandering around not so nice

p.s it's okay to criticize Tesla get over it

Last edited:
At the Rapid City, SD supercharger the other day, I removed some shards of a broken bottle and some sharp broken concrete pieces from the charger stall next to mine. Those might have been deposited by a snow plow, or by a nasty ICE addict. :wink: In any case, I did not mind taking a minute to protect the next unsuspecting Model S to back in from shredding a $400 tire.

I always keep a box of cleaning supplies and car wax in the frunk. While charging at Burlington, NC last week I dropped the wife off for some shopping and proceeded to the chargers. I noticed that the back side of the charger was dirty so I got out a towel and cleaned it off. Then I proceeded to wax it too. When my wife returned and saw me waxing the charger she just grinned and told me I am obsessed cleaning ANYTHING with the Tesla name on it!.....She just might be right...but I will never admit to it!

I always keep a box of cleaning supplies and car wax in the frunk. While charging at Burlington, NC last week I dropped the wife off for some shopping and proceeded to the chargers. I noticed that the back side of the charger was dirty so I got out a towel and cleaned it off. Then I proceeded to wax it too. When my wife returned and saw me waxing the charger she just grinned and told me I am obsessed cleaning ANYTHING with the Tesla name on it!.....She just might be right...but I will never admit to it!

Is she reading here in the forums? Hint: Wear Tesla apparel!

I am obsessed cleaning ANYTHING with the Tesla name on it!

Oops, I didn't see the word "cleaning" until now, I saw that as "with" initially. Anyway, still works I guess.

- - - Updated - - -

Why not keep some trash bags in your car? You can clean up the area while charging.

Keeping the Superchargers clean is a great way to help Tesla.

GSP

Great philosophy!

Also, the more clean a place looks, the less tendency people have to trash it. If it's already filled with junk, many people think it's OK to leave theirs as well.

Of course there are some that just don't care where or when, as long as they don't get busted.