Page 3 of 24 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

Thread: "Trouble in Missouri"

Roadster #1144 + Sig 114 dsm363's Avatar
    I thought NJ might have been the tipping point but that simply turns them into the Texas sales model. This is far worse and agree they might have gone too far this time. It's very hard for any objective person to see this as anything other than exerting power and protecting a corrupt sales model.
    Moderator - Model S, Mountain/Southwest, Texas, Northwest, Off Topic forums
    PLEASE NOTE: Posts are the copyrighted intellectual property of the author, and are intended as part of a conversation within this forum. My words may NOT be quoted outside this forum, without my expressed consent.

This is really getting to be no different than a mob. Criminal charges need to be filed.

Already called my rep... when the going gets tough, the tough buy the laws.
    Silver P85 Sport Leather/Pano Roof/Active Suspension/Sound Studio/Twin Charger/P01348

The pattern of redefining "franchisor" to mean "manufacturer" (which to the common sense is absurd) seems as sneaky as the way it is smuggled in through backdoor deals....
    Buying an EV is one thing, being able to drive it beyond city limits another...

Quote Originally Posted by dsm363 View Post
    I thought NJ might have been the tipping point but that simply turns them into the Texas sales model. This is far worse and agree they might have gone too far this time. It's very hard for any objective person to see this as anything other than exerting power and protecting a corrupt sales model.
    I think they probably have gone too far. Denying the ability to offer servicing is an obvious block on out-of-state sales.

Quote Originally Posted by lolachampcar View Post
    Things are really getting F'd up.

Someone needs to point out to these people (NADA and the money behind it) what happens when you get too blatant in your tooling of normal folks. A small revisit of the French or Bolshevic Revolutions should give them an idea. Sure, the circumstances were significantly different and the scale can not be compared but there is only so much money can do to people before the people decide they have had enough.

The problem is, we are going about it all wrong. We need to attach the people's names who sponsor the bill/make the changes to existing bills to include that language. What we are doing might stop the bills in their track but they are always free to try again or go at it in other states. If senators/house members know that their names are going to be attached to the outrage, they will think twice about sponsoring these things to begin with.

Quote Originally Posted by evme View Post
    The problem is, we are going about it all wrong. We need to attach the people's names who sponsor the bill/make the changes to existing bills to include that language. What we are doing might stop the bills in their track but they are always free to try again or go at it in other states. If senators/house members know that their names are going to be attached to the outrage, they will think twice about sponsoring these things to begin with.
    And even better yet, vote them out in the next elections. I don't care what party they are or political affiliation, it is time to clean house from this blatant corruption.

You guys who live there need to make a public stand, get things noticed in the media that actual owners are upset about this. Also, isn't one of the dealerships' arguments about "it's family business and you don't want to take those jobs away", well, it seems like they are the ones taking them away now.....

VIN 4375
    Wow, so their new strategy is changing the definition of words through legislation. Hope Tesla gets as much media promotion from this as it did from NJ.

Ok, so I did some research and here is what I found:

HB 1124 had an assembly substitute offered as shown here in the senate:

Missouri House of Representatives

In it was proposed 4778S.04F with the franchisor nonsense:

Motor vehicles

This happened during 5/6 session:

Senator Kehoe, Chairman of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, submitted the
    following reports:
    Mr. President: Your Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure, to which was referred HCS for
    HB 1124, begs leave to report that it has considered the same and recommends that the Senate Committee
    Substitute, hereto attached, do pass.

So I looked into the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure and here are the members:

Transportation and Infrastructure Committee, Missouri State Senate - Ballotpedia

I think our culprit is Senator Kehoe. When I looked him up on follow the money:

Search Results | Follow The Money

Something looked very weird, so I looked it in a bit more detail:

Mikes Biography | Mike Kehoe

THE SENATOR IS AN AUTO DEALER HIMSELF!!!!!!!!!

For him to be chairman of the Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure seems like conflict of interest!

Side note: Jay Wasson who also sits on the committee received money from dealer association so he might have been an accomplice.

Edit: Seems like we have some confirmation of Jay Wasson's part in this:

Missouri legislature lays potential road block for Tesla Motors sales | PoliticMo
    Last edited by evme; 2014-05-08 at 08:31 PM.

Thread Information