Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Toronto sales and service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TEG

Teslafanatic
Aug 20, 2006
They seem to have their own flickr page already:

Flickr: Tesla Store Toronto's Photostream

(most photos so far seem to be of someone's visit to Menlo Park)

http://www.teslamotors.com/teslastore/detail.php?s=Toronto
store_detail_main_toronto.jpeg

Tesla Toronto

Tesla Store Opening Winter 2010
Tesla now has a Business Development Manager located in Toronto. In addition to helping in the site selection and eventual build out of our first store in Canada, Hans Ulsrud will be in charge of local P.R., sales and marketing events. Test drives will be scheduled for qualified media and prospective customers based on vehicle availability. The first Canadian deliveries of the 2010 Tesla Roadster/Sport are expected before the end of 2009.
416-712-2916

Last edited:
When they say winter 2010 does that mean Jan/Feb/March 2010 or December 2010? Or do they purposely say "winter" so that no one can say they were late in opening the store.... LOL

- mnx

haha... I was confused about that point too. After signing up for e-mail updates regarding the Tesla Toronto Store a follow up message indicated that it would open in 6 months indicating a February to March 2010 timeframe.

There is a Tesla Roadster displayed in Toronto at the Manulife Centre, 55 Bloor West, in front of the William Ashley store.

Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if this is a one day thing or will it be there all week? From the most recent Tesla newsletter they did say a Roadster would be around during the Toronto International Film Festival, just not sure where.

I went down there this afternoon to see for my self. She's beautiful - first time seeing it in person. Unfortunately there was no one from Tesla there but the rep from William Ashley said the car would be there till next Friday or when TIFF ends. There was also a security guard and between the two of them they both knew some details about the Roadster which was great as passers by would stop and ask some general questions.

The car was there as part of a promotion for more environmentally friendly china that is dishwasher safe. I took a few pics but I don't yet have an account for web hosting. If anyone wants more I'll gladly set something up to share.

One other interesting point that I'll bring up but has yet to be confirmed is the location of the Toronto Tesla Store. Just doing a Google search I found the address: 70 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto, Ontario - Google

I was in the area (just a few blocks north of where the Roadster is on display) but didn't manage to head up there to check it out, most likely next week. Relative to other Tesla locations it is in a high-end area. It's personally not my first choice because of how congested the roads are; however, just a few minutes drive and you can hit some decent streets like Avenue Road south, Rosedale Valley Road (where you can open the taps a bit more), Bayview Avenue, the onto the Don Valley Parkway (highway).

Attachments

• IMG_0008.JPG
    IMG_0008.JPG
    2.8 MB · Views: 309
  • IMG_0024.JPG
    IMG_0024.JPG
    2.9 MB · Views: 303
This is Rosedale Valley Road...Click the speed limit is 50 KPH

Well speed limits haven't really stopped Tesla from giving slightly more adventurous test drives in the past. At least Rosedale Valley Road eastbound then onto Bayview is somewhat clear for most of the day to help give drivers some feeling as to what the Roadster can do.

You didn't by any chance pass by 70 Yorkville Ave did you?

Display at Ashley's

Hi Guys, Hans here. 70 Yorkville is a corporate office for the next few months. It will not be the location of the dealership. I will be working at the display during Ashley's store hours Sat and Sun so if you're in the area drop by and say hello.

Albern,

That is going est towards Bayview, folks are entitled to to whatever they want when driving.

No did not go on Yorkville,its quite hectic in that area with all the TIFF activities.

Avia2,

Welcome!

We spoke on the phone, I thought you would be there yesterday. The photo gallery is generating immense interest and being viewed a lot of people since it went up last night.

Avia2,

Welcome!

We spoke on the phone, I thought you would be there yesterday. The photo gallery is generating immense interest and being viewed a lot of people since it went up last night.

Hi AGR, sorry I wasn't able to make it down on time. The Canadian handout for the event arrive a little late from the printer and I didn't want to miss him with the weekend rush coming. I look forward to seeing you soon.
Cheers,
Hans

Totally cool Jalopnik just picked up the story and photo gallery.

FYI:

Yesterday I had some business on Bloor, and also did the photo shoot of the Tesla, put it up last night, at 9PM Auto North gets in touch with me to use the photos and a link, and today Jalopnik features the photos.

We often hear of stuff going viral, its fascinating being the originator and watching it grow. Obvious that Tesla captures the imagination!

@raywert's reply from Twitter
Of course. Credit and links is what we do best! RT @stradablog: @jalopnik @raywert Thanks for the credit and link :)

Albern,

That is going est towards Bayview, folks are entitled to to whatever they want when driving.

No did not go on Yorkville,its quite hectic in that area with all the TIFF activities.

Hey AGR,

Obviously people are free to drive almost anywhere they want to, my above comments were merely suggestions.

Hi Guys, Hans here. 70 Yorkville is a corporate office for the next few months. It will not be the location of the dealership. I will be working at the display during Ashley's store hours Sat and Sun so if you're in the area drop by and say hello.

Hey Hans,

It's great to see you on here. Like I had mentioned above I was hoping that there would be a Tesla rep yesterday in front of Ashley's but this weekend makes more sense. I'll drop by in the later part of Saturday morning to say hi.

I have a band trip up to Toronto this year and when we were told were it was my first though was "There is a Tesla Store up there!" So I am going to be on the lookout for it when we go in late April/Early May and if I see it, I'll get some shots to put up here. I wonder if my band director would let me go in if it is open.....