Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Toronto sales and service center

Toronto sales and service center

They seem to have their own flickr page already:

Flickr: Tesla Store Toronto's Photostream

(most photos so far seem to be of someone's visit to Menlo Park)

http://www.teslamotors.com/teslastor....php?s=Toronto

Tesla Toronto

Tesla Store Opening Winter 2010
    Tesla now has a Business Development Manager located in Toronto. In addition to helping in the site selection and eventual build out of our first store in Canada, Hans Ulsrud will be in charge of local P.R., sales and marketing events. Test drives will be scheduled for qualified media and prospective customers based on vehicle availability. The first Canadian deliveries of the 2010 Tesla Roadster/Sport are expected before the end of 2009.
    416-712-2916
    Last edited by TEG; 2009-07-31 at 06:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TEG View Post
    (most photos so far seem to be of someone's visit to Menlo Park)
    The author has a way with adjectives.

It looks like Tesla recruited him from a Porsche dealership in downtown Toronto. The People of Downtown Fine Cars, Authorized Porsche Dealership in Toronto, ON

When they say winter 2010 does that mean Jan/Feb/March 2010 or December 2010? Or do they purposely say "winter" so that no one can say they were late in opening the store.... LOL

- mnx

Quote Originally Posted by mnx View Post
    When they say winter 2010 does that mean Jan/Feb/March 2010 or December 2010? Or do they purposely say "winter" so that no one can say they were late in opening the store.... LOL

- mnx

haha... I was confused about that point too. After signing up for e-mail updates regarding the Tesla Toronto Store a follow up message indicated that it would open in 6 months indicating a February to March 2010 timeframe.

There is a Tesla Roadster displayed in Toronto at the Manulife Centre, 55 Bloor West, in front of the William Ashley store.

Quote Originally Posted by AGR View Post
    There is a Tesla Roadster displayed in Toronto at the Manulife Centre, 55 Bloor West, in front of the William Ashley store.
    Thanks for the heads up. Do you know if this is a one day thing or will it be there all week? From the most recent Tesla newsletter they did say a Roadster would be around during the Toronto International Film Festival, just not sure where.

Head Moderator / Administrator doug's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AGR View Post
    Apparently it's supported by tea cups:

Very Cool!

Take a Roadster to dinner.

edit to add:
    My compliments to whomever dreamed up this gag. And more compliments to those who pulled it off. Excellent.
    Last edited by vfx; 2009-09-11 at 10:37 AM.

I went down there this afternoon to see for my self. She's beautiful - first time seeing it in person. Unfortunately there was no one from Tesla there but the rep from William Ashley said the car would be there till next Friday or when TIFF ends. There was also a security guard and between the two of them they both knew some details about the Roadster which was great as passers by would stop and ask some general questions.

The car was there as part of a promotion for more environmentally friendly china that is dishwasher safe. I took a few pics but I don't yet have an account for web hosting. If anyone wants more I'll gladly set something up to share.

One other interesting point that I'll bring up but has yet to be confirmed is the location of the Toronto Tesla Store. Just doing a Google search I found the address: 70 Yorkville Avenue, Toronto, Ontario - Google

I was in the area (just a few blocks north of where the Roadster is on display) but didn't manage to head up there to check it out, most likely next week. Relative to other Tesla locations it is in a high-end area. It's personally not my first choice because of how congested the roads are; however, just a few minutes drive and you can hit some decent streets like Avenue Road south, Rosedale Valley Road (where you can open the taps a bit more), Bayview Avenue, the onto the Don Valley Parkway (highway).
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Thread Information