Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Looking for an electrician to install outlet

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello, i will be receiving my S60 the end of June...just wanted to get some recommendations as to which electricians you used to install the nema outlet...thanks i live in broward county (zip 33076)...thanks!

thanks everyone for the recommendations...do the electricians usually offer a quote over the phone, or do they have to see the space before they give a quote??? I'm not sure what is appropriate in this situation, and I know some service workers get irritated if you ask them beforehand

- - - Updated - - -

Depends if your panel is full/has room/has enough incoming power. If you're good on those, then < $200 is a good estimate.

wow, I thought this was going to be a $500 endeavor...under $200 definitely sounds reasonable

i told him 2-3 feet from the breaker, and even sent him pictures...what do you think?

Well, it sounds like a bit more than I expected (but I also did an HPWC at the same time). But since he installed mine, Tesla has started insisting on electricians to pull permits in order for them to be on the "preferred" list. It's possible that he's building that into the cost now. I'll see what I can find out.

Well, it sounds like a bit more than I expected (but I also did an HPWC at the same time). But since he installed mine, Tesla has started insisting on electricians to pull permits in order for them to be on the "preferred" list. It's possible that he's building that into the cost now. I'll see what I can find out.

I spoke with Joseph. It's the going rate at the moment for him for people down in your area. He's got to factor in gasoline expense, which is pretty ironic :)
He's worth it in my opinion, but if you find someone more local you might get a better price.

Hello, i will be receiving my S60 the end of June...just wanted to get some recommendations as to which electricians you used to install the nema outlet...thanks i live in broward county (zip 33076)...thanks!
I had Walter Maxim do mine. He has done a lot of electrical work for me, installed transfer switch for my generator and lots of other stuff. He is very good, honest and doesnt charge enough. Licensed electrician lives in Coral Springs.