Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

T Sportline Pictures

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that many of us are beginning to get our 19 inch turbine wheels-thought it may be nice to start a thread to share pics.....had the wheels installed this past weekend on original Goodyear OEM tires-with silver AlloyGators for wheel protection......Green P85...Cheers!

photo 1.JPG
photo 2.JPG
photo 3.JPG
photo 4.JPG

Angeles Crest Highway, I never took the kids to school prior to getting the Tesla unless my wife was really sick but now I "volunteer" at least once a week & then go for a nice drive, since it was a nice clear day I pulled over & snapped some pics with my iPhone & then continued up to Mount Wilson, (Downtown LA in the background)
IMG_0549.JPG

JakeP, they look fantastic!!

Did you get these mounted at a Tesla service center? Or, is it still the case that they don't touch aftermarket wheels?

That's the one concern that's holding me back from going for the TSTs; not being able to get tire rotations and alignment (?) done by Tesla.

Wife's given the green (ahem) light for it btw! And, after looking at the pics of your car, I think I'll go for the matte black ones.

Last edited:

Did you get these mounted at a Tesla service center? Or, is it still the case that they don't touch aftermarket wheels?

That's the one concern that's holding me back from going for the TSTs; not being able to get tire rotations and alignment (?) done by Tesla.

Wife's given the green (ahem) light for it btw! And, after looking at the pics of your car, I think I'll go for the matte black ones.

I was in for the battery shield this past week & my service rep noticed my TST's, I asked if they would still do rotations, alignments & mount new tires if necessary & he said it wouldn't be a problem, my advice is to have a back up plan just incase.

Thanks GG! I swear they look lighter in photos than they actually are, but I really like them. Silver or black would look great also.

My service center said they would not mount my OEM tires (which I had purchased from them and had mounted and balanced in my factory 19s in February) on aftermarket wheels, and that they could only work on OEM parts. YMMV.

I paid $120 to have them mounted locally. Since my service center is 3-4 hours away, this wasn't as big a concern for me. I'd rather pay $120 and have it done in an hour than give up my car for a day or more.

I bought the gray Tsportline wheels for my white P85. The SC said they would not mount any tire on aftermarket wheels, even if the tires were purchased from them. So I bought tires from a third party and them the third party do the installation. The SC said they have no problems doing tire rotations and alignments on the car once the aftermarket wheels and/or tires have been mounted on the car. Doesn't make any sense to me, but that is their policy.

My car was in the SC a few days ago for the battery shield installation. The SC gave me no problems about the Tsportline wheels. In fact, they checked the torquing of the lug nuts for me to ensure that they had been properly torqued and had not loosened up.

I can see how a service center doesn't want to be responsible for mounting and balancing anything aftermarket for liability reasons.

Yet at the end of the day it comes down to the relationship you have with your service writer and tech.

Through a happy coincidence today there was a Pearl White P85 with 21" Grey Turbines doing a test drive in my neighborhood. I took the opportunity to slide alongside and snap a pic of the Grey TSTs versus the factory Grey 21s. The Tesla 21s are definitely a shade darker, but they both look fantastic.

TST vs Grey 21s - Lg.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Of course, the ones on my car are going to appear lighter against the green paint, and the ones on the white car will appear darker in contrast. So some of this is just optical effect, but there is a difference between the two.

Attachments

• TST vs Grey 21s.jpg
    TST vs Grey 21s.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 1,451