Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Washington DC sales and service center

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Washington Business Journal: Tesla Motors plans D.C. showroom

Tesla Motors Inc., an electric car maker based in San Carlos, Calif., has been poking around D.C. in search of a space to open what would be its first showroom on the East Coast outside of New York City. A company rep won't say where the showroom will be, but Tesla has been checking out property on F Street near the Verizon Center and says online that a D.C. showroom will be opening this fall.

Update

Just to update anyone following this thread, the DC Sales and Service center location has been picked and as I understand is being finalized.

No word on exactly where it is but it has been mentioned that it'll be somewhere on F Street NW, near the Verizon Center. They were shooting to have it ready by December but it now looks like late January or even early February.

We also have face to put to our DC store, and that would be, Tari Cash, our DC regional sales manager (her photo below).

(via: Telsa Rally DC)

Exciting things happening here!

Attachments

• P1000013.jpg
    P1000013.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 603
Tesla Motors and SpaceX celebrate together...

Tesla Motors and SpaceX Host a Night of American Innovation

Tesla opens new EV showroom as SpaceX celebrates historic flight of the Dragon spacecraft

WASHINGTON--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Electric vehicle maker Tesla Motors and Space Exploration Technologies Corporation (known as SpaceX) are hosting a celebration of American Innovation on Feb. 10. The event marks the opening of Tesla’s first showroom in the nation’s capital and honors the historic flight of SpaceX’s Dragon, the first commercial spacecraft to successfully return from orbit.
This was taken from a press release on 2/10/11

This is the first time both companies’ technologies have been displayed together, including the iconic Tesla Roadster, the forthcoming Model S sedan, and the Dragon spacecraft. Members of Congress and D.C. stakeholders are invited to the new showroom to view and learn about these advancements.

The full release could be found here:Tesla-Motors-SpaceX-Host-Night-American-Innovation

America, F*** YEAH!!! :)

Assembled in the UK with French carbon fibre panels, Japanese batteries and a Taiwanese motor :tongue:

smilielol.gif

That really is one of the funniest/geekiest things I have seen in some time.

I have a Google alert for this exact topic. I have seen some interesting things this past week. Nothing from Tesla officially, but they appear to have opened the showroom. (The link for the building is below) There is no space listed to Tesla, and the ground floor (logical place for a car dealer right?) does not appear A) leased and B) big enough for a full service dealer.
There was an article in the Washington City Paper (below) that mentioned opening the location but did not elaborate further on specifics of the opening, and only had an image of the SpaceX craft. I didn't think the story was that credible, but an interesting read.

I would hope that the first dealer in the nations' capitol would attract a little more fanfare than than a small blog post.

http://www.1050kstreet.com/- same link as posted above
http://www.washingtoncitypaper.com/blogs/housingcomplex/2011/02/09/tesla-has-landed/

I have been actively stalking a position with them for months.

Last edited:
Are there two car pictures? There is a broken pic link below a striped car image.

I double posted links to the same picture two different ways.
I had some bad luck in the past with YFROG embedded links going dead, so I tried it both ways.
Seems it was a good idea as one of them stopped working already.
Someone could download the picture, and re-upload it to here, but I tend not to do that because:
#1: The original image poster would retain the ability to disable / remove their image if they ever wanted.
#2: It probably costs the site owners some of their monthly bandwidth budget to host images, so it is more friendly to post a link to another site that has more unlimited bandwidth.