Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody want an 85kWh battery pack for a project?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sometimes I browse ebay to see what cool Tesla things are up for sale and I came across this Tesla Model s 85 85KWH Main Lithium Battery Less Then 500 Miles | eBay

Clearly not mine. Not like I tripped over an extra battery pack laying around in my garage, lol but I thought I would post it here for all you crazy electrical do-it-yourselfer's in case you were looking for a giant battery pack for some sort of crazy project. lol enjoy

I also wonder where this battery pack came from. I am assuming from salvage or something. They are asking $29k. pretty steep for a project unless moneys not an issue for you.

I looked at buying a floater (flood car) to use the battery for home storage. For some reason I have a huge bug to reverse the battery and motor/inverter communication. So far I have resisted the urge. I like Tesla and have no desire to get sideways with them or otherwise give them any reason to have concern. Going back to the original point, support from Tesla for such things as salvage auction cars and "spare batteries" is ZERO. I tried to determine when the flood car last transmitted and what the error codes were so as to determine the possible state of the battery before it shut down. Tesla was unable to assist citing privacy concerns. Buying a battery off Ebay and asking Tesla to use their battery conditioner to determine the battery's state of health would likely meet the same end.