Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Almost got in a crash...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Mr X

Jan 18, 2013
1 AU
in my Smart ED, but avoided it. I found out that the smart has a really nice steering response. :smile:

I made a right at a light and drove about 300 feet until i had to swerve to the right to avoid hitting this moron that bolted out into the road making a left turn without even looking. I was already coming down the road before this guy pulled out going about 38. He didnt even stop at the turn out, he just pulled right out very quickly when i was driving down the road so I slammed on the brakes, checked my right side mirror and swerved to the right lane and avoided hitting him.

It was really frickin close. I couldn't believe that that guy pulled out like that without even checking his left. His head was turned to the right when he darted out and since he was turning left and i was in the left lane he literally pulled out into my lane, his car was about 15 feet away when i applied the brakes and swerved to the right, and thats when he looked to the left smh. He just accelerated away after that, obviously shook by his dumb decision.

So I definitely think i need a dash cam now, especially since there was no one around. :eek:

Im kind of amazed that i didn't hit him. I mean, it was really damn close. Really wish i had a dash cam so i could show everyone.

I also think that the smarts minimal front end assisted in the avoidance, so thanks smart.

Because of morons on the roads (like bikers on 4 lane highway) I installed car cam - if they cause an accident, I will at least have a proof that they are at fault.

Funny because the only accident I ever had on my bike was when a moron car driver decided to exit (completely blind) the wrong way out a car park entrance and pulled straight into the main road. Lucky for that moron it was only my motorcycle and not a 20-ton truck.