Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Florida superchargers on 75

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey. As a MS owner living in metro Atlanta, I would like to take my car down to the Fort Myers area on July 4th, 2014 using superchargers. Currently, this trip can be made by cutting over to 95 and then back over to 75. This adds hours and 200+ miles to the trip. I would end up breaking up the trip in 2 days using this route.

Tesla is near completion of superchargers in Macon but want to know if you all have heard anything about Lake City, Tampa and even Tifton, GA. Thanks

There is apparently a delay in getting Tampa up and running but not clear exactly why. More detail available on the Tampa supercharger thread:

Tampa Supercharger - Page 5

I'm hoping to have Tampa up before July 4th week as well as I'll be driving down that way (but will be coming down 95, so really just need Tampa to make getting to Sarasota easier).

Thanks guys. My July 2015 trip should have no issues but it appears my trip this July is going to be a more round about route, hitting the superchargers on the east coast. But I am still hoping enough interstate 75 superchargers are operational in the next two months for me to take that route. Keeping my fingers crossed.

Thanks guys. My July 2015 trip should have no issues but it appears my trip this July is going to be a more round about route, hitting the superchargers on the east coast. But I am still hoping enough interstate 75 superchargers are operational in the next two months for me to take that route. Keeping my fingers crossed.

It's too bad that the Tampa (Brandon) Supercharger is getting held up. Looking at the coming soon map, my prediction (plus existing knowledge) is at Atlanta, GA to Fort Myers, FL - Google Maps:

1. Atlanta, GA
  2. Macon, GA - 84 mi
  3. Tifton, GA - 105 mi
  4. Gainesville, FL - 152 mi
  5. Brandon, FL - 133 mi
  6. Fort Myers, FL - 121 mi

All nice spacings except for the slightly long Tifton, GA to Gainesville, FL stretch of 152 miles, and it looks like that will be filled in by the end of 2014 with Lake City, FL on the I-10 route!

I belong to a FaceBook group called, "Tesla Motor Fans - Atlanta" and this was posted there by a member concerning superchargers on 75.

From Tesla Super Charger Representative in response to my question re Macon (as I have a trial down there coming up): Thank you for your note. I was excited to see the pictures attached! Macon is just the first stop along I-75 south of Atlanta and due to open this week. If all goes according to plan, we will have sites all the way down to Fort Myers before the end of June. A site in Tifton is just a few weeks behind, but should be opening by the end of this month.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

Cottonwood - so the last pieces in the puzzle for me to complete my drive down to Fort Myers are Gainesville and Brandon. Are these locations for sure or just speculation? And what seems to be the hold ups?

Cottonwood - so the last pieces in the puzzle for me to complete my drive down to Fort Myers are Gainesville and Brandon. Are these locations for sure or just speculation? And what seems to be the hold ups?

All I have is reliable rumors, the "coming soon" map at Tesla, and the insight of Cottonwood the Magnificent :cool:. All are more than speculation, and point to Superchargers in Gainesville and Brandon, but it's really hard to have a schedule until material is onsite and groundbreaking. Even then, from groundbreaking to completion has taken from 1 to 5 months...it's quite a fuzzy target.