Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

And the day was going so well...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
RearEnded3.jpg
RearEnded2.jpg
RearEnded1.jpg

:cursing:

Attachments

• RearEnded4.jpg
    RearEnded4.jpg
    769 KB · Views: 16,563
Oh no!!

Well... you know everyone will say it-- and they're right-- You may have lost your beautiful car, but as long as no one was hurt, you can get right back to where you were with a little patience and insurance.

Looks like the black truck rear-ended you? That'll make the insurance side a lot easier-- not being at fault, that is.

Make sure all occupants are thoroughly checked out for injuries, rear collisions are notorious for delayed-onset symptoms (by which I mean it's a legitimate health risk not a legal ploy).

What a horrible way to start the weekend!!

Actually I was rear-ended by an 18 wheeler... I was the only one I my car and am doing ok, thankfully.

Oh -- yes that truck in the front was indeed the one that hit me (I didn't notice the rear was black)

- - - Updated - - -

Yeah, Tractor-Trailer. And I was pushed off road a good 100 ft. Initally, I was thinking I wouldn't be able to get the car out... But with some assistance from the tow truck driver & firemen I was able to drive it back on the road and eventually home. Side note, everyone enjoyed touring the car -- even in it's destroyed state :}

wow, sorry for the trouble, absolutely sucks.

For those with Rear Kids seats, how did the rear compartment hold up? Have always been worried that being hit in the rear higher up (by a truck) could cause the rear trunk compartment to be compromise.

Best of luck on getting a quick insurance payout and into a new S

I'm happy to hear that you're OK. I'm curious - does your car have the 3rd row? If yes, I'd greatly appreciate it if you could take some detailed pictures of the rear, from both the outside but also from the inside of the car. I'm curious to see how far the damage protruded into the cabin.

Artsci,

Your right it is a major highway. It was a bit busier than normal and the cars in front of me slowed down for some reason. Where he hit me is downhill and a bit curvy - He claimed he hit the brakes as soon as he saw me but couldn't stop in time.

Newscutter,

Who knows if it's repairable, I'll call the guys up at Rockville in the morning and see what they think. I'm going to really hate being without my ride :{

All,

Thanks for all the well wishes, it appreciated!