Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Unofficial Tesla Model S Chrome Extension New and Improved

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Today I have released an updated version of my Chrome Extension that allows you all the functionality of the phone application in an easy to use chrome extension. The images are all handcoded by me, so they are a little rough around the edges. If you know svg, feel free to help clean them up and submit on github.

It can be found HERE. If you have already downloaded it, it should update automatically.

Whats new:
Updated the libraries, so it should be slimmer and faster.
Custom made images.
Half the filesize.

As always, it is open source on github.

I am also sure Tesla would love me to remind you, don't use this application and it isn't endorsed at all by Tesla Motors.

Mods, I made a new thread because the last was about trying to ask for help. No more help is needed and I would like this thread to focus on user's experiences and bug reports. Thanks.

If you enjoy the extension consider donating by buying the Chrome App version HERE, donating to my TrevorSStone@gmail paypal, or sending some bitcoins to 1LACFxXK3kC5XqQgZFi9ZFHmgv9Wxaiqfp.

Thanks for the support!

Check out the article about this extension at Teslarati!

Tesla Model S Home.png
Tesla Model S Controls.png
Tesla Model S Climate.png
Tesla Model S Charge.png

Last edited:
Reactions: Mattzilla
This looks really cool -- and easily installed on corporate firewalled computers (yay!).

Does the location tab work too?? No screenshots of that--- and I can't try it because I'm still lacking a car (but I'm also "Sourcing Parts" :rolleyes:).

Yes location shows a google map with the current location of the car and the way it is facing. I didn't put a screenshot because I didn't want to have my personal location on it. I could have done a mock location, but I was in a hurry. I will add a screenshot tomorrow to the chrome app page.

Thanks everyone for the kind words. I know the images are still pretty rough, but I did what I could.

great job!

I do not know what your previous graphics looked like.....if any? only saw and used the placeholder version. liked it and like this version even better of course!

I did some graphics for OVMS project for the TESLA roadster. if you like the idea of those we could look at getting some more 3D feel to your graphics. I am however on a MAC and will have to check if PS outputs svg but I'm pretty sure it does. the github bit you would have to do yourself since that's not one of my strong points. PM me if you are interested

felixtb

Great job! I'm looking forward to the day I can decouple this from the actual Chrome web app. Have you thought out incorporating an icon (optionally of course) that resides in the Mac Menu Dock (or Windows task icon area)? Google Hangouts does that, it would be amazing to quickly access it there.

Another feature could be to show the SOC in % or miles on the menu dock. :)

great job!

I do not know what your previous graphics looked like.....if any? only saw and used the placeholder version. liked it and like this version even better of course!

I did some graphics for OVMS project for the TESLA roadster. if you like the idea of those we could look at getting some more 3D feel to your graphics. I am however on a MAC and will have to check if PS outputs svg but I'm pretty sure it does. the github bit you would have to do yourself since that's not one of my strong points. PM me if you are interested

felixtb

PS can output as SVG if your project contains only vector graphics (SVG = scalable vector graphics). Edit: I will note it's not entirely straightforward. Lots of help searchable via Google, though.

Extension looks great, though. It feels unusual to poke at a white car, but functionally everything seems great. It's nice to have desktop access when I'm away from VisibleTesla.

Extension looks great, though. It feels unusual to poke at a white car, but functionally everything seems great. It's nice to have desktop access when I'm away from VisibleTesla.

The car should match your car color on every screen except the climate screen. Is that not correct for you? If so there is a bug. The car is white on the climate screen just for ease of the climate arrow showing up, but I was considering making that screen match the car color as well.