Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Seeking Avcon to Model S-Compatible Adapter

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am still encountering chargers, such as the EVI DS-100, that have the old Avcon conductive "claw" connector. It would be helpful to use these charging stations, since they are almost never used. I am looking for an Avcon-to-"modern" adapter. It could be the new J1772, NEMA 14-50, or something else that works with Model S. These are not stations that I own, so I cannot simply change the charging cable to the modern J1772 standard.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where to find or order these? Used would be fine.

I think I have one of those from the old RAV4EV days with the inductive charger. PM me and we can discuss. I'll need to dig it out of storage and I can send you a picture. It has the claw receptacle on top and I believe a 14-50 outlet on the side along with a switch to turn on the pilot signal.

You could suggest that the owner of these chargers update the cabling/connectors as Avcon connectors are extremely rare and there are very few users.

I've done that. For one site, they have no plans to upgrade. The other site recently got an upgrade thanks to Adopt-A-Charger, but I prodded them about it over a year ago (I highly doubt my voice was the only one that convinced them to do something about it).