Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Let's do the HOMESTEAD-MIAMI SPEEDWAY! See the link;

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Have talked to club organizer Larry Chanin (President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts) about the possibility of getting a club event at Homestead-Miami speedway in Homestead, Fl.

I live a couple miles away, and could host a party on any day we plan a get together.

The two closest days the track is open to ANYONE with a license and registration is May 2, 2014, then June 6th; more dates are available; check the website;

See this link for more info; http://www.homesteadmiamispeedway.com/Guest-Information/Speedway-TnT.aspx

Contact Larry Chanin, club president to give him feedback on the possibility of testing YOUR TESLA for 0 to 60 1/8 mile run.

I don't want to organize the racing, but will host the pre-post gathering.

Categories would, of course be set; not fair putting a 60 against an 85, or an S against a P.

Let's talk about chipping in for trophies? Cost, right now, to get on the track and test your Tesla, is $20.

Robert:cool:

Last edited:
Have talked to club organizer Larry Chanin (President, Florida Tesla Enthusiasts) about the possibility of getting a club event at Homestead-Miami speedway in Homestead, Fl.

I live a couple miles away, and could host a party on any day we plan a get together.

The two closest days the track is open to ANYONE with a license and registration is May 2, 2014, then June 6th; more dates are available; check the website;

See this link for more info; http://www.homesteadmiamispeedway.com/Guest-Information/Speedway-TnT.aspx

Contact Larry Chanin, club president to give him feedback on the possibility of testing YOUR TESLA for 0 to 60 1/8 mile run.

I don't want to organize the racing, but will host the pre-post gathering.

Categories would, of course be set; not fair putting a 60 against an 85, or an S against a P.

Let's talk about chipping in for trophies? Cost, right now, to get on the track and test your Tesla, is $20.

Robert:cool:

Hi Rob,

Thanks for providing this information and your gratious offer.

Obviously we won't be able to do an organized meet-up for tomorrow, but if there is interest we might be able to do something for June 6th.

We will need someone on the East Coast to organize this event at the Speedway. Anyone who is interested in serving as an organizer please let me know. If you wish you can contact me directly at [email protected].

Others who are interested in attending this Friday night event, please post here to permit us to gauge interest.

Thanks.

Larry

Im in :biggrin:
Rob I sent you a PM

Also there is a opportunity to run your car in a controlled lap of the speedway and oval track this Saturday May 17th that I plan to attended

http://www.homesteadmiamispeedway.com/Vanity-Pages/2014/Car-Wash-and-Ride.aspx

I have contacted the track to see if charging is available but that should not really be necessary (Unless you have way to much fun)

As for June 6th I hope we can get a few owners to try this, it seems like the perfect opportunity to see why you bought the car in the first place (assuming we all wanted to go 0-60 in under 5 seconds)

Homestead Speedway Friday Night Drags

Could not get this to load on the Florida Forum but here is a shot of the 240 outlets available at the Homestead Speedway

GetAttachment[1].jpg

Outlets, like more than one , right?

They have told me there are three available

Anyone know how much drain 1 mile @ max power.

I ask as some members are concerned about range so if anyone has a ball park on how many miles you lose going 1/8 mile 8 times it would be appreciated

Larry has informed me these are NEMA 14-50 outlets.

Last edited:
They have told me there are three available

Anyone know how much drain 1 mile @ max power.

I ask as some members are concerned about range so if anyone has a ball park on how many miles you lose going 1/8 mile 8 times it would be appreciated

Larry has informed me these are NEMA 14-50 outlets.

Steve,

In my case at the time not knowing that the speedway outlets were compatible with most owner's adapters, I was concerned that since this is a nighttime event that if there were multiple club members driving a long distance it might take several hours to charge enough to make it back home. Even with an HPWC that could mean that some club members could be traveling in the wee hours of the morning to get home. Now that we know that there are multiple NEMA 14-50s there is less of a concern.

To me the issue was never how much charge would be used during the race.

To try to answer your question we have to guess as to the wh/mi expended during that 1 mile at maximum power. For reference cruising at 55 mph we would be expending an average about 278 wh/mi and cruising at 115 mph we would be expending an average of about 810 wh/mi. So if we guess at an expenditure of say 1000 wh/mi for maximum power that would only result in expending about 3 rated miles to go that one mile of racing.

1000 wh/mi x 1 mile = 1 kWh

or 1/85 of the battery is expended = .012; Which represents about 3 rated miles (.012 x 265 rated miles for a full charge)

Its just a ball park guess, but the point is that it is negligible in comparison to the charging requirements of someone traveling over 100 miles to reach the speedway.

Larry

Last edited: