Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

2014 Tesla Assault on Mt. Evans, CO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Announcing the 2014 Assault on Mt. Evans Tesla Road Rally 2014, Spread the word!

June 2013 was a historic day for Mt. Evans, Colorado as 29 Model S cars completed the 28.5-mile up-hill trek from Idaho Springs, CO (Elevation ~7,000 ft.) to the summit at 14,265 ft (parking lot at 14,165 ft.). This is the highest paved road in North America. After spending quality tesla time at the summit parking lot, taking in 360-degree views of snow-capped mountains, nature pictures of mountain sheep, goats, rams, and dramatic scenery with Model S cars populating the summit, we retreated to Idaho Springs reconvening at Beau Jos Pizza for more socializing. It was a perfect day with perfect cars and better people.
It is time to do it again! We are set for Saturday June 7, 2014. If interested and available, please join us for the 2014 rally. Details are presented in the link below with images from the 2013 rally.

Note - The date was selected in conjunction with the U.S. Forest Service and Colorado State Park Service as to not conflict with other events, like running and cycling races.

Assault on Mt. Evans, CO Tesla Road Rally 2014:
Mt Evans Road Rally 2014

For a great review of last year’s event and trip for LizG from St. Louis to Colorado see:
Assault on Mt Evans - the Trek Westward - Blogs - Tesla Motors Club - Enthusiasts & Owners Forum
LizG reported the following, which reconciles with several other drivers on the event:
“We actually left Idaho Springs with 180 miles rated range. When we got to the top of Mt Evans we had exactly 100 miles of rated range and our energy graph showed 817 Wh/m on the 5-mile scale. By the time we got to the bottom again we had gained 18 miles of range and our energy graph was showing -342 Wh/m on the 5 mile scale, -268 Wh/m on the 15 mile scale.”
IMG_0887[1].JPG
Lightroom-05977[1].jpg

- - - Updated - - -

FYI - as of 4/29/14 I have 15 RSVPs.

Tesla Accessories has donated a door prize, the Model S Sculpture, an $800 value, which will be given by blind drawing to one lucky participant, too.

Dennis, many thanks to for organizing this. Great fun!

Here is a crude, hand-held, iPhone, through-the-windshield video. It does capture some of the views near the top and shows some enjoying the sunroof view...

And thanks for letting my five year old Roadster lead 26 new Model S's up the mountain for a while! I will have to find some pictures of when I took the Roadster up Mt Evans in 2009...
Mt Evans 1.JPG

Last edited by a moderator: