Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla to Open a Store in Pasadena - and it's not even posted on their website yet!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Was shopping in Pasadena over the weekend in the Old Town area, and saw that where the Barnes and Noble went out (on Colorado Ave) that Tesla has submitted an application to open up a storefront. Awesome location - just a few miles from our house (and this would also mean having a very close service center). The demographics of Pasadena/San Marino are very much tilted toward the Tesla. Affluent, high mainland Chinese population (almost 60% of houses sold in San Marino are sold to mainland Chinese now). Yahoo!!!

Note: We are scheduled to receive our Tesla in mid June. Very excited!!!

Snarky Marky there are a lot of Tesla showrooms in SoCal that are not near any service centers.

I wouldn't hold my breath to think that a Tesla Store would automatically mean a Tesla Service Center. With the exception of the West LA service center on SM Boulevard, Tesla Service Centers in SoCal tend to be in "industrial" centers and this cheaper rent than Old Town.

If they put one in think Monrovia or on San Fernando Road or something like that for Service Centers. Beside, if you pick sign up and pay or the Ranger Service, they come to you.

Sadly, I have to agree with AEdennis. I live in La Cañada, and while the addition of the Van Nuys service center was a huge improvement from the West L.A. location, it would have been great to have one right near me in Old Town. Unfortunately, that spot is only suitable for a showroom... and yeah, I suspect the rent on Colorado is way too high for any service center.

Hopefully Tesla will add a service center in Burbank or Glendale soon.

I emailed Jerome a while back suggesting an SC in Pasadena for us poor folks on the eastside and he responded that there were plans in the "medium to long term" - this was a year ago. I have heard that one may be coming in the not too distant future.

Love this. Now the next time we come to an event at the Rose Bowl, we can leave it there and uber it to the event. Will miss getting to know new people though through plugshare etc.

I don't know where you'd leave the car. There's no parking in Old Town (well there are parking garages and street parking). The showroom is a showroom. It won't have space for folks to leave their cars. Not a SC. It used to be a bookstore.

Also posted in the Tesla Stores thread...

I swung through the alley behind the store today. It looks like I was right about the test drive vehicles being parked in a nearby public parking lot. They had 3-4 spaces coned off, and they had what looked to be bases for chargers of some kind. No wiring hooked up yet, which seems odd given the store opening in 4 days. I'll shoot some pics tomorrow morning on the way in to work and post them here. This parking lot would be an awfully nice place to put several fast chargers, even for shoppers just visiting Old Town. Wouldn't surprise me if Tesla did put in a Supercharger location here.

Here is the area: The Tesla Store is the "A". The parking lot is to the left of the "Paper Source" store. The spaces being turned into chargers are the ones in the upper right hand corner. View is looking East. When you exit that lot the lower street is Pasadena Av, which will get you very quickly onto the 210 W freeway.

Tesla Parking.jpg