Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Owner/Buyer Model S Survey

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Last year I did a very similar survey for owners. The questions were spread throughout many pages and were lengthy. I have decided to put together a 2.0 version.
ALL INFORMATION RECEIVED IS ANONYMOUS, questions that may make you feel uncomfortable such as; age or income, are optional.
I will post results periodically. ENJOY!

SURVEY LINK: Tesla Owners/Buyers
*Mistake regarding service satisfaction is fixed.*
Prelim- RESULTS:
OVERALL SATISFACTION: 9.3/10
SALES MODEL SATISFACTION: 9.5/10
SERVICE SATISFACTION: 4.8/5*

Results: Google Sheets - create and edit spreadsheets online, for free.

NOTE TO MODS. Please do not merge or move this thread for at least a while, I am trying to get fresh eyes and lots of responses.

Disclosure: This survey is for personal use only at this time. I may give the results to Tesla (used in conference call last year) or someone else. If you wish to obtain the official results or use these results, please contact me at [email protected] .
Note: I am a high school student just looking to compare to last years results.

Last edited:
Those of us who answered "ordering" to Q1 cannot answer the question on "How satisfied are you with your Tesla" without an "N/A" or "haven't taken delivery yet" option. The survey forces you to answer that question without those options, which I can't answer. As such, I did not submit.

Probably should think about a redesign.

Those of us who answered "ordering" to Q1 cannot answer the question on "How satisfied are you with your Tesla" without an "N/A" or "haven't taken delivery yet" option. The survey forces you to answer that question without those options, which I can't answer. As such, I did not submit.

Probably should think about a redesign.
Will fix now, should be up in a minute. Thanks for the feedback

You now are not required to answer those questions.

You may want to add a question on the delivery experience. Ordering vs delivery vs service are all very different.

Also for salary, "Decline" should be an option (no selection works too).

The salary question is already not required.
On a side note, all responses are organized in a really nice way after you click see responses or click here: Tesla Owners/Buyers - Google Forms

In analyzing the research results that have been posted, the income doesn't really tell the true story, perhaps it would be beneficial to have net worth as an indicator. This might give another facet (as would some other questions around demographics), such as race, industry, job title, etc.

Only 31% of Model S owners are in the "1%"
Only 11% of buyers are getting the 60kwh battery
97% have Tech Package
78% have leather
78% have pano roof
57% upgrade sound
70% have air suspension
55% have dual chargers
Satisfaction:
Service: 95%
Sales: 95%
Overall: 94%

A few things to note -
- on the 1%ers, I would suspect that the actual number is higher, if you take into consideration net worth.
- surprised on the upgrade of sound.... now it's making me wonder if I should upgrade my sound as it's close to production right now (mid June delivery... but I find it hard to justify 2800 for a subwoofer... and XM).
- surprised on air suspension (that it's that high)
- surprised on dual chargers

A few things to note -
- on the 1%ers, I would suspect that the actual number is higher, if you take into consideration net worth.
- surprised on the upgrade of sound.... now it's making me wonder if I should upgrade my sound as it's close to production right now (mid June delivery... but I find it hard to justify 2800 for a subwoofer... and XM).
- surprised on air suspension (that it's that high)
- surprised on dual chargers
I Agree, These all make 100% percent sense though. I factored all the options and battery/motor choices and got an ASP of $101,581
I will figure out tonight what the ASP has done over time but, it won't be as accurate.

While I agree with your Net-Worth theory, it is alot easier to measure the "1%" based on Income. Statistically, the 1% is the $400,000ish mark, I counted all income choices above $340k