Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

24,000 mile service and AC desiccant bag change

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Matt_D

Model S Plaid 2021, Model X 2019
Sep 3, 2012
Mountain View, CA
Just a heads-up to my fellow TMC'ers that Tesla's service folks seem to "forget" to do A/C desiccant bag change at the 24k service. The problem seems to stem from the fact that they they use one piece of paper for the tech which has multiple service intervals outlined -- and in many cases, the tech defaults to the left column for the 12k service. Unfortunately, it is done at 24k intervals...

This bag does need to be changed, and unfortunately after having my car for multiple days I'll need to return again to have them do this -- so double check your invoice to make sure the work is done at 24k. (After all, you are paying for it!)

On a side note, why they use paper everywhere in service makes absolutely no sense to me. A rugged tablet or one in a hardened case designed for industrial applications would be a huge improvement and eliminate not only silly errors like this but the mountains of needless paper usage that are consumed.

Matt