Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Roadster Buyers' Guide

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

doug

Administrator / Head Moderator
Administrator
Krystin over at the LA store put together this website:

The Tesla Roadster Buyers Guide - Home

3661819638_70e2e6ee82.jpg

Last edited:
Operation - The Tesla Roadster Buyers Guide
...Regenerative Breaking is a mechanism controlled by the Roadster's electronics panel...

I prefer Regenerative Braking myself...

This means that when you take your foot off the accelerator, the car immediately slows down without even touching the break peddle, the break lights come on, and you are recharging while you drive! The Regenerative Breaking feature is very intuitive, and extremely helpful for single peddle driving in stop-and-go traffic, neighborhood driving with lots of stop signs, and controlling Roadster speed through canyon roads.

How about a Brake Pedal instead of a break peddle???

Last edited:
Seems like they didn't proofread it yet...
...In the Roadster, a quick acceleration is at the tap of you foot and Roadster is so cost efficient to recharge, you may be naturally be inclined to take advantage of the Roadster's extreme performance and drive outside the EPA testing standards...

Thank you TEG for pointing those out.

I was thinking she might be filling in where Martin left off but it does not have as much personality as much as a bit of a home spun feel. That might put off those who consider the car to be luxury, but it will be good to inform those who don't care about such things.

Looks like the fixes are already made.

Last edited:
I think it's nice. Assuming the editing gets done, it'll be a good resource for people. Much of what is out there is either too dense and insider/enthusiast feeling (say here for instance) for a new, casual interest (they'll work up to it though :) ), or just feels too lean on details and marketing oriented (the corporate site). There is plenty of info there, if you dive through the blogs, etc., but it's not gathered well into one concise block like it is on the new site. It'll serve as a useful additional resource.

I think it's fantastic that an employee took the time and effort to put together all of that information and promote the company. I assume that was something she did on her own (probably with TM's consent, but still). To have that kind of enthusiasm in your workforce is a great testament to TM.

It was good that all of the type-o's were pointed out -- not to embarass her, but to make sure that visitors to the site weren't put off by the grammatical/spelling mistakes. If this is representing TM, even in an unofficial capacity, it shouldn't have those kinds of errors. For her to be effective at her job, she certainly doesn't need to be a grammarian, so no big deal once the mistakes were corrected.

Was there that day. Was the day of the SoCal rally. They had a car up on the lift with the ESS/PEM/motor (all, I think) out of it, and were taking turns standing under/through the car, taking pictures as if they were in the trunk. There was joking about how roomy the trunk was :)