Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

The Tesla Customer Experience

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well mentanining a extra high service level is much easer when you only have sold a few cars, so we should not expect that same level of service for the Model S as for the roadster.
It is much cheaper to send the mechanics the the car than send the car to the service station if you only have 1 service station in the world
When Tesla start to ship 2000 cars each month, it will be cheaper to have several service stations where you bring your car
If they provide at spare car is just a matter of raising the service charge, in the end somebody have to pay for the service car
But they might get away with providing a Smart as they are delivering the technology to Dialmer

I feel the customer maintenance experience is just as important as the purchasing experience.

Does anyone know how Tesla will address its maintenance experience for the Model S? If your vehicle needs to be serviced will loaner cars be available?

This was being discussed in another thread:

Rural Service

The partnership with Daimler gives Tesla more options because they can potentially have trained mechanics at Mercedes dealerships who can service the Model S if need be. The idea of a mobile semi unit driving around fixing Model S's is a neat idea, but I don't know how practical it is from a service or cost perspective. Wiht 20,000 cars on the road by the end of 2012, I think using another automaker's service locations is probably the easiest way to go.

The good news is that, generally speaking, EVs require a lot less maintenance than ICEs, so Tesla doesn't need to set up quite as robust a maintenance system as other automakers have in the past.